“Nice one night stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Memphis, Tennessee
“Nice one night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We spent the night at this hotel on our way to Dallas, Tx. Front desk personnel was super friendly and we got a great rate. The breakfast was WONDERFUL. Now, I look for Comfort Suites in whatever city I end up in.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Edmond, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My mother and I spent 2 nights at the Comfort Suites in July. The front dest clerk was very friendly and was very helpful in moving us from a first floor room to an upper level room. I don't like first floor rooms for safety concerns, especially when travelling without my husband. The clerk didn't mind at all about changing the rooms and was very warm and pleasant.

The lobby, rooms, halls and elevators were all clean. My one and only complaint on cleanliness was that the nesting table in the room had sticky soda on it. It had been wiped down where it could be visually seen from under the top table, but had not been pulled out and wiped down. I found this a bit lazy on the cleaning staff's part, but definately not a deal breaker or deserving of a huge gig on cleanliness. The showers were clean and mildew free and the beds were of average comfort for me. Loved the fluffy soft pillows.

The complimentary breakfast was edible, but not fabulous in my opinion. I love my coffee and unfortunately I was a little disappointed in the coffee here. The cookies they put out in the evening for guest were pretty yummy though. :0)

The gym and pool are very small. Gym has a treadmill and elliptical and some sort of unit with multiple exercise examples (like a cheaper BowFlex). But it was ok for the short time I was there. Pool looked cloudy though, would not have gone into it even if I had brought a swimsuit.

The location is really good. Easy access off of the highway. Several restaurants only a few minutes away. A service station on the corner. WalMart and Dollar store very close. And a quick drive to downtown.

Overall, not a bad place to stay. I would definately stay here again if the need were to arise.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Paris, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

My wife and I spent three nights in the Comfort Suites in Shreveport and had a great experience. The desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. After we checked out and had gone 150 miles my wife realized that she did not have her college class ring. I immediately called the hotel desk clerk and told her that my wife had left her ring on the night stand. She took my phone number and said she would check and call me back. In about 5 minutes she called back and had found the ring and that her manager would send it by ups on Monday. When we travel, Comfort Suites is always our first choice. We have stayed in many across the US and have never been disappointed in the comfort and service. John and Jan Newman, Paris, TX.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Craig, CO.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

The lady at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and quiet. I enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
cleveland ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have contacted Choice hotel’s corporate headquarters twice about the issues that I encountered during my stay at the Comfort Suites,I asked the front desk if they could do anything but nothing resulted from that conversation,I am truly amazed that the staff here lacks any sense of urgency and the blatant lack of caring of their guest’s well being. As for house keeping, I left notes to change the bedding but they refused to do it at all,The mold was so bad that I had two doctor visits ,When I checked out, I told the lady at the front desk about the mold issue and she seemed to be amazed to hear of the issue,but breakfast was wonderful

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank dave j
New Braunfels, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We spent one night passing thru Shreveport (5/24). Hotel is nice, staff is courteous. We will stop again when we're in the area. This was our second one night stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Sam's family restaurant close by - excellent!