“Will never stay here again - from a Choice Privileges Elite Platinum memeber.”

Comfort Suites Shreveport
Ranked #12 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Little Rock
“Will never stay here again - from a Choice Privileges Elite Platinum memeber.”
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Stayed here on the night of May 31. I've stayed here 15 or so times previously. I left my shave kit in the room when I checked out with a bottle of medicine that I need for my knee. I called the hotel upon arriving at my hotel for the night of June 1 and told them what I had done. The hotel said they would call me back. They never did. I called again the following morning and was told it was not there. I spoke with the manager who told me they had looked in the room and asked the maid who cleaned my room. It was not there. The medicine in my shave kit was hydrocodone. I had this happen once before at another hotel chain and the hotel called me within hours of checking out to tell me that I had left it and wanted to know how to get it to me. I have no trust for this hotel now and will not be returning. I also called Choice Privileges to voice my displeasure.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank pintailkiller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Southern States
Reviewed September 25, 2010

The hotel is a little out of the way, especially if you are looking for a variety of good places for food. The Nicky's is good, see review. The hotel appeared clean and the grounds were well kept. They have a smoking area with table, chairs and umbrella, so you don't have to stand in the rain. The desk clerks were polite, but getting a message to housekeeping appears to be a problem. There was something whitish and had been liquid at one time dripped about 8" down the side of the bedskirt on one of the beds. The first night they were sold out, so thre was no where to go, but the deskclerk assured me it would be taken care of. The second night I was told the note fell off the computer and housekeeping didn't get it. The third day they changed my duvet(left over from previous person). Upon checkout, the manager was no where to be found, but the head of housekeeping told me it was only toothpaste(okay, but still not mine). I was charged full price for this stay, so they do not honor the "satisfaction or free" promise posted everywhere. The breakfast bar was standrad fare, but the coffeewas weak, the bold and regular appeared to be the same thing. At least the air conditioner worked! The smoke detector started going off about 2 am one night, and the desk clerk came in the room with a metal pipe and knocked it off the wall, but it was replaced whrn I returned from work. An okay stay, but the ability to change duvets and bedskirts between guests is obviuosly something this place does not do. The double queen room was spacious for the price, seperate seating area and micro-fridge kitchenette with sink.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank franklinmilford
Haile, LA
Reviewed April 19, 2010

We enjoyed our stay. The hotel was clean, suite was nice, etc. However, our hair dryer did not work, and when I called the front desk, she said she would check with maintenance about getting another one. Then she called back and said they did not have any to switch it out with, so we had no way to dry our hair. Other than that, it was a good stay.

Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Florida
Reviewed April 4, 2010

In town because my mother-in-law was in the hospital - we had just stayed at an exceptional Comfort Suites in Mobile, AL and booked this hotel using their hotel guide book. The desk clerk was extremely nice and informative. We need a Handicap accessible room - which we were booked for - upon check-in the first clue to me should have been the room was on the second floor - never have had a handicap room on any floor but the first !! When we got to the room - it was clean and spacious as we had expected it should be - but the bathroom - which is mainly what needs to have all the handicap features had a regular bathtub (?) and I guess what labelled this as a handicap room was just the grab bar located by the commode and one on the bathtub wall - there is no way any person with limited mobility could get in or out of a bathtub to take a bath.
The breakfast only excelled when a particular lady was working - is seemed about every other day - and rest of the time food ran out or people had to wait for replacements to be made.
Having such a nice stay in Mobile (just overnight) and expecting the same pleasurable experience in Shreveport (for five days) we were let down to say the least.
Hopefully the franchise or manangement will take notice and fix the flaws.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pitcat652
east texas
Reviewed February 20, 2010

very clean pleasant stay am making plans for another trip and i will be staying here again
very nice for a fair price

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
NEBRASKA
Reviewed January 7, 2010

Suite was large and very nicely decorated. Hot breakfast was good. Pool was nice, but there was no hot tub.
Only complaint was that the water in the shower wasn't hot enough to suit me.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Garland, Texas
Reviewed November 8, 2009

The main reason we chose this hotel is because it was listed as a completely smoke-free hotel. I had pre-booked on the internet with a AAA rate so our check-in was smooth and hassle-free. Our room was very spacious and was very, very clean and smelled fresh (not a Lysol type smell though!). We were given plenty of fresh, fluffy towels. When I went to the vending machine to purchase a water they were sold out. When I mentioned this to the front desk they immediately gave me an ice cold water. Our room was quiet, the bed was very comfortable. The free breakfast the next morning was stocked well and kept very clean. I felt very safe here and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple