“better luck elsewhere”

Hilton Shreveport
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
“better luck elsewhere”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

If you plan on buying breakfast elsewhere then this is the place to spend the night at. The room was crowded with an unnecessarily huge desk and lots of lamps. Not many outlets for chargers and such. No microwave in or outside of the room for food you might want to heat up. better luck elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014
hiltonshreveport, Director of Sales at Hilton Shreveport, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
We appreciate your candid account of your recent visit to our classic property. We regret that the appointment of your guestroom hindered your comfort and have alerted our facilities team so we may work to improve our guests' experience moving forward. We do our best to provide quality service in line with our value and hope you will give us another opportunity to impress should you return to our area in the future.

Marianne Nelson
Director of Sales and Marketing
318.698.0900 x 530
marianne.nelson@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Polish first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Checked in and specifically asked for a room on the non train side of the hotel and got to the room .............you guessed it so back down to reception - could I please have a room with an even number ? this worked much better and the room was quiet.

Room was nicer than last time, better maintained except for the toilet with dodgy linkage and lamp out in the bathroom, neither fixed in a three night stay.

Restaurant food is actually very good but servers really couldn't care less.

I think what's really missing in this place is 'caring' for guests from the checkin guy who didn't know which side the quiet rooms are on to the maid who doesn't get broken stuff fixed to the waiting staff in the restaurant who go about their business in a slovenly way avoiding eye contact .

I stay here because of my Hilton Gold membership but no special room, no free water and no preferential treatment at all really, maybe it was poor all in all ?

Rob

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank OmanRob
Houston, United States
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Hotel was very nice and had everything I needed. The Bar closed early and rushed about 15 of us out. I was entertaining business associates and this was very inconvenient. The location was decent and easy to get to Casino's and not far from I-20.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel for two nights in May. Upon arrival, was greeted by the friendly staff and was checked in promptly. The facilities appeared well maintained and clean.

The room itself was nice and spacious and the bedding was up to par. What I didn't realize at that time was that the walls are thin....real thin. About 1am, I was awoken by the next door neighbor. This person had a cough so bad they probably woke the person two doors down. Shortly after that, the person on the other side came in, and if I had to guess, had themselves a good time earlier. They proceeded to bang into every piece of furniture in the room. I can only imagine the bruised knees etc they suffered that night. The hallway was a bit loud but I chalked that up to a one-time graduation event that occurred earlier in the evening.

The following morning, after little sleep, it was time for a shower. I turned the water on only to have the shower head spin around and shoot cold water directly into my face. I yanked the shower curtisn to shield my body and blindly attempted to secure the shower head in one spot (the shower was fitted for disabled peopled and that is why it was unstable). After several minutes of trying to coax it into one, non-movable spot , I finally got it there. I will warn you, this shower is only about 5'10". I say this because should you bump it with your head, as I did, you will have to fight with it all over again.

On the second day, I completed my client calls and retreated to the hotel for a glass of wine. The bar downstairs was nice and the atmosphere was relaxing. After the wine I retreated to my room for what I hoped to be a peaceful night. Boy was I wrong. Evidentially, there is a train that runs right outside the hotel (I swore right outside my window). At 1:39am the conductor decided it was "all aboard" time and blew the whistle, for about three minutes. I started to think my corporate travel may have booked that as my early transportation and he was waiting on me to board!Needless to say, I was wide awake and not very happy.

At 5am, I got up to catch my early plane. This time, I was determined that the shower was NOT going to shoot me in the face with water. I pulled the shower curtain over and reached in to turn the knob. What ensued from there was nothing shorty of am epic WWE match. The shower head, as anticipated, spun to the right and half of me got doused. I reached up to spin the head the other way and the whole shower head attachment fell off. I pulled the shower curtain back, which was a huge mistake. The water that came out of the head came out with so much force that I was sure NASA was conducting a water rocket experiment. The expletives that flew out of my mouth could have rivaled a drunken sailor. Within 4 seconds , my entire bathroom was flooded. Not fun at all. To add insult to injury,20 minutes later as I was brushing my teeth, water dripped on my head because the Willy Waterbug shower head evidentially doused the ceiling.

I did give this hotel a three due to the fact that the facilities, outside of the shower, along with the staff, were good. I would just be wary when staying there again, although I may need a rematch with that shower!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
New Iberia, United States
Reviewed May 16, 2014

The friendliness of the staff and the service at this hotel was excellent. The staff was friendly, yet professional and always willing to assist with directions and the needs of the patrons. The proximity to the convention center and convience was a plus.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Streetman, United States
Reviewed May 16, 2014

unsure if I will stay again. food was exceptional in the hotel restraunt for the breakfast buffet. large variety of well cooked food, all very fresh, restraunt nice and lovely, clean, waitress/restraunt staff very friendly. room was ok, not what I oaid for though, feel for price I paid, it should have been alot better. Have stayed at the Horseshoe, Eldorado,Sams Town and Diamond Jack for less money and lot better rooms. Hotel staff on cehck in/out very rude, not helpful at all. rate quted was wrong, but i had to pay it. i did not get my honors points. and due to all this I left day early.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Houston, United States
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I love to stay because I worked @ the Hilton in Dallas on main street over twenty years ago. I love the excellent dervice thst id given to all the visitors. This place is like home and the rooms are very clean. Thanks, for the excellent service. I felt welcome from the moment I walked into the door.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport
#6 of 35 in Bossier City
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,277 reviews
Chateau Suite Hotel, Downtown Shreveport
Residence Inn Shreveport-Bossier City/Downtown

Been to Hilton Shreveport? Share your experiences!