“Just one thing they never get right...”
Review of Hilton Shreveport

Hilton Shreveport
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Prairieville, United States
“Just one thing they never get right...”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I've had many good experiences at this hotel, been staying there at least 7-10 nights per year for the last four years. The rooms are good, the service is usually pretty good, the food is good the rooms are clean, I like the pillows and beds. This last stay, I was on the 12th floor, the water pressure was very low and the hot water not very hot. But the BIGGEST two problems with this hotel, and they have both been ongoing since at least 2009, is the TELEVISION and the CELLULAR SERVICE. The TV's dont' work. the channels fuzz out, cut off, get jumpy, the picture quality is poor and I've seen this in room after room at this hotel. Second, don't even THINK about using your wireless phone in this hotel. Especially on the lower floors and in the lobby. The wireless service stinks, and doesn't improve until you get til about the 8th floor or above. It is a MAJOR inconvenience, just like the TV's. A shame really, because this is a first class hotel otherwise.

1 Thank Michael B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Polish first
houston, texas
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I enjoyed the Hilton, nice place great people and service. I would recommend this hotel to a friend or coworker. Didn't stay but for one night but it was quiet and bed was very comfortable. Nice furnishings.

New Orleans, United States
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The hotel is very nice. But having train tracks right next to the hotel is unfortunate. I would not stay here again because you don't know if a train is going sit outside at 2:00am whistling for 15 minutes.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

jacksonville, fl
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My family stayed an evening in this hotel last night. Upgraded to the Executive Suite was welcomed thanks to a long drive with a tired family. Bedroom with a bathroom and a nice seating area well appointed for a business person needing separate working and meeting space with its own full bathroom as well. The couch was a pull-out and the staff was quick to deliver an extra bed for us as well. Thanks to the gentleman who delivered that with a smile.
In addition to the 2 full bathrooms, there was a coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave in the room. We enjoyed a nice view of the Red River District as well.
There were renovations going on so we weren't able to see the gym. Didn't eat in the restaurant either (by choice).
The room could use some TLC. One of the showers needed some work to actually figure out how to turn it on AND off. (Room 718) Other than that, the room was very clean and well-appointed.
Finally, I personally didn't receive 1 smile nor greeting from the desk staff however the valets were awesome and helpful. Dexter in particular went out of his way to help us out with our inquiries and even going so far as to offer candy to the kids who were looking for something sweet to eat when the store was already closed. Thanks to Dexter for taking your time to walk around and help us out with our dilemna (no matter how small it was!).
Ultimately, I am comparing this hotel to other Hilton resorts where we've stayed and considered this one to be better than average but in need of some tweaks with staff and the accomodations.
I would stay here again without hesitation and would recommend it to my friends and family.

Room Tip: Please be sure to ask about the procedures to get out of the parking garage. We paid to get out not...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Overall my experience at this hotel was positive. I stayed here for a convention and the convention hall is adjacent to the hotel which was very convenient.

Positive:
The most positive aspect of this hotel was the valet crew and front desk operations. The front desk staff was very customer oriented, I was always greeted with a smile and I never had to wait long to receive help. One night I came back too late to purchase some bottled water from the hotel store; one of the valet crew noticed and immediately asked if he could help. He went and picked up a couple of waters from behind the front desk and brought them over to me which I really appreciated. Every time I walked in or out the valet crew greeted me as well.

Another positive aspect is the shuttle service which will take you pretty much anywhere around the area and pick you up.

The room was very clean and the cleaning staff were very polite. Work out room was fantastic located on the 12th floor with great views when the sun came up.

Not as Positive:
While the shuttle service itself is a great feature; understand that they are taking people all over the place and plan accordingly. I needed a 0630 shuttle to the airport and it was not available until 0645 due to other drop off/pick ups. I also had to wait at the airport when I arrived for about 40 min to get picked up. This is not a dedicated airport shuttle so simply plan accordingly and it will work out.

Another not so positive experience was at the hotel lounge bar. My experience was very very slow and not very friendly service. They should put some of the valet guys behind the bar!

The last element is location: while very convenient to casinos and convention center there are virtually no restaurants within walking distance or convenience stores (7-11, Circle K etc). You will have to learn to love over-priced Coke products available at the hotel.

Room Tip: Consider asking for a room facing the river for a great morning view. My room faced a wall.
Greenwell Springs, United States
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I thought the staff was wonderful and very timely in their handling our check in and check out process. Anything that we were unsatisified with, had a question about, or that we requested was taken care of immediately. The chefs in 104 Market can cook for me anytime and anyplace, they were great. You can't beat the service, friendliness or convenience.

Mcalester
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

The best part of this place was the shuttle drivers & valets. We even had an extra charge on our debit card from someone else's bill. Took 3 phone calls to finally get it straightened out but was not impressed. Had a lukewarm shower first night & had to call maintenance the next night. Got 1 hot shower a piece for a 3 night stay! Would not stay here again

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kimberly T
hiltonshreveport, Director of Sales at Hilton Shreveport, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Kimberly,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community. I apologize that your experience with us was not satisfactory and for our missteps in maintenance and appointment. We have plans to improve our water heating system during an upcoming renovation to help alleviate the water temperature issues and we hope you will consider giving us another chance if you return to our area in the future.

Marianne M. Nelson
Director of Sales and Marketing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport
Horseshoe Bossier City
#6 of 35 in Bossier City
Residence Inn Shreveport-Bossier City/Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Shreveport-South

Been to Hilton Shreveport? Share your experiences!