“Nice Hotel, Great Location, Service? Not so much......”
Review of Hilton Shreveport

Hilton Shreveport
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed June 3, 2013

During a recent stay I asked about a partnership promotion with my credit card and Hilton.
The promotion offerred $75 hotel credit as a memership perk and free room upgrade when available. The friendly attended who checked us in, explained that she was not aware of the promotion but would look in to and let me know with in the hour. I was also informed that there were no room upgrades available at this time, as it was a busy weekend. Which was not a problem and I understood only to find out later that our friends, who arrived shortly after us were indeed upgraded to a suite and at no charge. I checked back with the front desk after not hearing any additional details about the $75 hotel credit, only to be told "we're working on it'. Upon checking out I spoke with the manager, Norm. He explained that he would look in to and adjust our bill accordingly. A week went by with no follow up so I emailed Norm. He then instructed me to follow up with my credit card issuer, which I had already done. I responded to his email to request the general managers info, which surprise..... I STILL DO NOT have a response.

Room Tip: The AC units are very loud and do not cool very well. The room felt icky and damp due to the lack o...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
hiltonshreveport, Manager at Hilton Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

We sincerely apologize for any confusion and miscommunication we have been part of. Please find below the response to your email sent 5/25/2012. We would be happy to accomodate best as we can but according to the Card company, we have reached the end of our ability to accomodate the request and again, per the card company, advise you to contact the number indicated below and allow AMEX to continue to assist you through the promotional process. We also apologize for any error on our part with regard to potential upgrade requests. Guests do have and request different "upgrades" at check in and based on that request we are able to accomodate some unfortunately not all types of requests.
At the end of the day, we clearly did not meet your expectations and hope that you can see fit to allow us another opportunity to not only meet but exceed your expectations. We do realize you have a choice in where you stay and thank you for choosing the HIlton Shreveport.

Hello Ms. West/Herrick,
Since I have no reply from American Express support team nor have I receive any contact from AMX as I have suggested to help you resolve your issue -I again spoke with AMX reward office , their agent and manager for you at length today after speaking with them on your behalf on May 20th.

They suggested that you should really call your local travel office directly at 972.233.3300 during normal office hours M-F 8-5, as they are the office that the promotion is linked to and the reservation for this promotion must be booked through, they are the one that help answer your questions, or visit the promotional website americanexpress.com/GoldHotel for details, terms and conditions about the promotion. As this is an American Express promotion with their members, our hotel can only rely on instructions from American Express to process any applicable credit, the hotel has no othe means to apply any credit/discount without said direct instruction.
Once you have received the promotional credit information/instruction from American Express, I will be more than happy to be of service. I am sorry we cannot be of more help to you as we are limited to what we can do at this time. As I have indicated in the last email to you, Mr. Mike Green our general manger ( please see his information under Cc above) has been informed of your concern. Should you have any other questions please feel free to contact me. Thank you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,109)

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel offered one of our best stays as we travelled cross-country. Their personalized touches, offered by every staff member, made a huge difference in our comfort level in a bustling downtown area. Everything was perfect: comfortable bed, spacious & quiet room, swift service (bell, valet, room service). We would highly recommend the Shreveport Hilton.

Room Tip: High floor was ideal for less noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
hiltonshreveport, General Manager at Hilton Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

thank you for providing feedback from your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate our guests keeping us informed as to achieving a 'great stay'. We know you have a choice in where you stay when in Shreveport and appreciate your choosing the HIlton.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Fantastic Hotel and Staff. The Starbucks in the hotel is great! Bell Staff, Shuttle Drivers, housekeepers - everyone very accommodating. Rooms are very comfortable and well maintained. Hotel lobby area is modern and fresh. Internet for business travelers is great compared to other hotels.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

THank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We know you have choices in where you stay and are grateful for your providing us the opportunity to be your hotel of choice. We will share your comments wtih our team members as we continue towards our goal of meeting and exceeding our guests expectations.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We arrived 20th May and were checked in by Ava. Check in was seamless and she was the first Hilton/Hampton employee to ask if we were Hhonors members. We said no but would like to sign up. We look forward to joining.

The room was enormous and extremely well equipped.
The bed was "don't want to get up" comfort.
Ava advised us of good restaurants and she was just simply delightful all round.
Shuttle staff were polite and extremely courteous.
Our only complaint is we didn't stay long enough.
Anyone who finds fault with this hotel is simply hard to please or narcissistic

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
hiltonshreveport, General Manager at Hilton Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

We sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay. Our team members are to be treated like our guests, just for this reason...As you were treated by this consistently hospitable team member.

We will share this review with our team members guest relations committee so that all of our team members may strive towards ensuring our guests satisfaction.

Michael C. Green

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I booked the Hinton Shreveport because I was attending a family wedding in Shreveport. The hotel was also the recommended accomodations for out-of-town guest. I had heard great things about the hotel and I have stayed at many Hilton hotels and I am a HHonors member. Everything was great until I walked into my room and the bed looked horrible, I am not sure how to describe it. The comforter and sheets were not uneven and "messy". I didn't think much of it at first, but when I my husband noticed, I knew it was pretty bad. However, we got over that and went to dinner. After I came back to the room I was going to take a shower....no hot water. My husband called the front desk and they said they "would look in the matter". Saturday and Sunday still no hot water. Room service also "made" our bed up worse than it looked when we checked in, and they draped our towels over the toilet. The last two things aren't really a big deal but when you pay $144 a night you exspect more. I paid less for 4 nights in Las Vegas than I did for 2 night here! Even though I was pretty upset about not having hot water, I realize that these things happen, I talked to the manager and was told I was going to recieve 6000 Hilton rewards points as compensation....I recived an email about the situation but I have yet to recieve my points, I have also send 3 emails regarding the issure...nothing. No response, no phone call, no points. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. Although I was glad to read in your review that you were pleased with your room and that you enjoyed the view, I was disappointed that you weren't completely satisfied and that we did not exceed your expectations. I am so sorry if you’re A/C unit was not working properly and that you found our hallways to be somewhat noisy.
Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

Again, I thank you for your review and assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration. I sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us next time you’re in town.

Sincerely submitted for your review,
Michael C. Green

Reviewed May 20, 2013

My stay at the Shreveport Hilton was great. I could not have asked for a more pleasant experience. The staff was very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The food was great in the restaurant and room service. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us in Shreveport. It is only through feedback from our valued guests, such as yourself, that we are able to learn the positives and opportunities we may have and address them directly.

We will ensure that these comments are shared with our team members guest relations committee in hopes that all of our team members will continue to strive for meeting or exceeding the guests expectations as we did during your stay.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was at the Shreveport Hilton for 11 days while doing an art show there. In all my business and personal travels all over the world, including a stay in a commune in China, this was the worst hotel experience I have ever had.

Valet service was lousy and they destroyed my fob. Rooms were not always made up. Food was lousy, in fact it was the only time in my life that room service was actually so cold the grease had congealed on the fries and the cheese on the hot melt sandwich was cold and dried. Delivery was quick... made me think they were recycling a previously rejected order.

I am beginning to think that Hilton has lost their edge. I have serious concerns about staying in a Hilton property again, except for maybe a Hampton where I have seen good service.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank djhu

We sincerely apologize for the numerous items we failed to meet or exceed your expectations. it is only through feedback provided by experienced travelers such as yourself that we can guage our progress and identify areas for additional improvement. We realize you have choices in where you stay and hope that you can allow yourself to provide another opportunity, not just to this hotel but to Hilton overall.
Thank you again for taking the time to communicate your stay with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport
Homewood Suites Shreveport
Homewood Suites Shreveport
#4 of 38 in Shreveport
Hampton Inn & Suites Shreveport-South

Been to Hilton Shreveport? Share your experiences!