“too loud, not enough staff”
Review of Hilton Shreveport

Hilton Shreveport
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed April 1, 2013

the room was clean and that part like all Hiltons is great, the front staff is nice HOWEVER, WHEN CALLED AT 1130PM TO QUIET DOWN THE ROOM NEXT TO US IT TOOK 45 MINS. by that time i was wide awake after driving 5 hours and working all day to boot , i booked this room because its a Hilton, NOT A MOTEL 6 and when i complained about it in the morning (and the flava flav jerk next door was up already as well making noise again ) the front desk attendant was very abrupt and condesending ... My eggs were cold, my room service the night before was cold and really i was fine with the food part but the no sleep and no offer to at the least give us a free night due to the inability to control people who were next door .. yea never go to this Hilton

Room Tip: if you can book a room with the preference of a VERY QUIET AREA i would say pass on this place , and...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
hiltonshreveport, Manager at Hilton Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear Guest Keillim1234
Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate your kind words about our clean rooms and nice front staff. They are known for their Southern Hospitality and I am very proud of them also. I will definitely share your encouragement with our team. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced during your recent stay. Your concerns are taken very seriously. Our Manager of Security and our 24 hours on-site security officers have all been addressed. Our Executive Chef and his culinary talents are also aware of their opportunities. I assure you that each and every one on our team have pledged to make any improvements that will make our hotel your first choice in lodging the next time you visit our city. We know you have a choice and we want to thank you for staying at the Hilton Shreveport, we hope you will come back to see us again soon. Myself and our team are at your service, we welcome your comment or suggestion anytime. Thank you.
Warm regards,
Norm Shum
Director of Rooms Operations
Hilton Shreveport
norm.shum@hilton.com

There are newer reviews for Hilton Shreveport

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had a great stay at the Hilton Shreveport for Cheer Competition.
Although there we TONS of people there it wasn't noisy at all.
The rooms are nicely appointed. We only stayed one night, but it was a good night.
Don't forget to try the breakfast buffet, it was really good!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The staff is friendly and professional, and every desire I had was met with kindness and attention to detail. I have very high expectations when it comes to service. Never have I been disappointed with any of the employees at this location. I tried to stay down the street at the Homewood once, but returned to the Garden Inn. While I did find that the rooms at the Homewood were more relevant for a long stay, the staff at the Homewood left much to be desired.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

The staff is very nice and friendly, however the phones never get answerd. I tried to call the hotel directly SIX times on my drive from Dallas to Shreveport in order to get a couple of questions answered. I was always put on extended holds and ended up having to call the Hilton Honors 800 number to get the answers. There is no concierge floor nor lounge, however as a Diamond member my husband and I were given vouchers for breakfast. The omelets were terrific! And, the chef even came out and asked how our breakfast was. Like I said, the staff is very friendly. The courtesy shuttle driver was very courteous and prompt and housekeeping kept the place clean. It is an older hotel and in need of some repairs, but it is clean and hallway carpet looks new. I would stay here again for a night or two.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Very nice hotel, with a very nice staff. We stayed there for two nights so that my wife could attend some legal classes at the convention center. We chose this hotel because the convention center was attached and it made it very convenient for her. The restaurant in the hotel was also good. We ate dinner there both nights and enjoyed what we had. The hotel offers a shuttle service to the downtown attractions as well. The SciPort science museum is close by, as are many of the casinos. The room was large and clean. We would consider staying again.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Our company has stayed in multiple hotels in the Shreveport area over the past few years. The Hilton Shreveport is by far the best. The hotel is clean, the rooms are nice, and the staff is excellent. We will not stay anywhere else in the future.

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed her twice in the past month. I have no complaints regarding the hotel, but the parking garage is a mess. My card would not give me access. I pressed the white but to speak to someone, but no answer. Stuck and couldn't get out of the garage. The access to this garage needs to be corrected. When I asked the front desk, they said to enter, just press the red button, and throw away the ticket. Never explained when I checked in. I really like this hotel, but the garage access needs an overhaul.

• Stayed: March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport
Horseshoe Bossier City
#5 of 35 in Bossier City
Hampton Inn & Suites Shreveport-South
Hampton Inn Shreveport Airport

Been to Hilton Shreveport? Share your experiences!