“Best hotel in Shreveport”
Review of Hilton Shreveport

Hilton Shreveport
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Very nice property, clean, convenient and has a first rate staff. Bed was very comfortable, valet parking a bargain, located close to major freeways, overall, the best hotel we have found in Shreveport. Without exception every employee we encountered at the Hilton was friendly, helpful and made the stay very pleasant. If you are fortunate enough to have Elonda working the front desk when you check in you will have no worries at all. We have stayed in hotels all across the country and have not had an experience more pleasant than our stay at this Hilton. There is a Starbucks located in the lobby - a huge plus for me. All our meals were off property so can not comment on the restaurant or lounge. Hotel was not very busy during our stay so there were no delays in any request (more towels, valet bringing the car around, etc). One more thing - on a very cold morning valet turned our seat heaters on as she was bringing the car around - loved getting in the car and the seat was already warm! There were NO negatives during our stay - everything was completely positive.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river provide a great view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BayouBelle51
hiltonshreveport, General Manager at Hilton Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

We sincerely appreciate the positive feedback and continuously strive to satisfy our guests and their requests. Thank you for taking the time to share you experience with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,085)

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Whilst not the easiest place to get to, even when you can see it in the distance, this Hilton went the extra mile to help us. The car park is otherwise across a wide fast road, so valet parking is likely to serve you well.

Rooms were good with nice amenities, which gave us a comfortable nights sleep.

They have a shuttle bus for local runs, upto about 5 miles, and the driver really helped by taking us just over that to where we needed to be, and came to collect us later.

Business lounge had good facilities, although printing was aproblem that day.

Breakfast was great, and you must ask for creole shrimp with your eggs to be really enjoy the southern comfort.

Room Tip: High floors at rear are quietest.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a nice Hilton property, located close to the riverboats, if that's your thing. Right next to the convention center. One of the nicer things is the $8 valet ($5 to self-park). I'll pay the extra $3 for the convenience and it's much cheaper than many valet fees in the brand. The front desk staff was all-star and very helpful when I had questions about the area.

Valet was quick and kept my car running to warm up while I made a call.

I wish they had an executive lounge. I like having a quiet place to relax or see customers. The bar is right off the lobby and too loud for business when I was there. Other guests commented that the dinner service was hit or miss, but ate off property. My big dig was breakfast. Maybe I'm the exception, but I don't have time for a leisurely breakfast, it's eat and get on with my day. The staff either had too many tables or just were scatterbrained. Several guests had to ask multiple times for things. Service was just slow.

I'll stay again because of the overall great experience at the property.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

The bar is great with 3 Tvs or more. The bed is very comfortable and you'd never know it was daylight outside with the extra thick curtains! It was 10 am and we thought it was dark outside! This is an Awesome comfort for sleeping late! The pool is on the roof and it's heated in the winter! All doors are secured for safety reasons and you must use your pass for entrance to pool and gym. The hotel shuttle even took my friend to the store, free of charge! The hotel shuttles runs 24 hours. It takes you to and from to all the casinos. You never need your car! It's a must stay!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We chose the DOWNTOWN SHREVEPORT LOUISIANA HILTON to stay at November 23-24th. Booked the room ONLINE thru the Hilton website which was a mistake. My children were excited to swim in the 'heated' rooftop pool. We arrived and checked in and even paid for an upgraded top floor room. We walked into the room which looked NOTHING like the pictures on the website. The beds looked as if there were clothes underneath the sheets. The carpet was worn and dirty. The dresser had some dried streaks down the front of it where a drink had been spilled. We were hungry from our long drive and decided to go an grab something to eat before we make
any decisions on the room. When we returned, we decided to check out the pool since that was what the kids were excited to do. Walked out to the rooftop pool to find out it was CLOSED. I had called the night before asking about it before I booked the room. They did not inform me it was closed. I checked the pool and it was COLD. Went to look the inside hot tub. Outside the hot tub room it smelled like a port-a-potty. Walked into the hot tub room and noticed the water appeared to have a green tint. Not sure if it was from the water or the dark stained finish inside the hot tub. Felt the water and when I pulled my hand out it smelled like DIRTY FEET! At that point the hotel served no purpose as it hadn't lived up to any of the expectations.

Went to the front desk and requested our money back. They offered us another room which I did not want because my kids were expecting to go swimming or hot tub. I was not happy. At that point the manager told me she would not refund my money and called the male manager over. I assume I was suppose to feel threatened from this 6'4" 350 male. I told him I wanted my money back. His response was "Did you book this room
thru a travel site?" I said NO, I booked it thru Hilton. Immediately he asked the female Manager "Do you have his credit card information on file?" She said "YES". That is when the attitude started and it was a no win situation for me. I asked for the phone number for corporate. They gave me the reservation line. I called and they transferred me to customer relations. The 2 women I talked to agreed I should get a refund. Teri Price from customer relations I talked to for well over an hour. She called the mangers several times to ask them to refund me the money. They wouldn't. I ended up having to pay a $75 "Early Checkout" fee to walk away from this situation after having spent less than 2 minutes in my room.

I will never stay at another Hilton in my life. The 2 managers at this Hilton have ruined it. I will also ALWAYS book any hotel thru a travel site. If you book thru Hilton they know they only have to deal with the customer.

I am happy that Hilton is so proud of themselves that they have so many websites that allow people to post their experiences and reviews.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bret K
hiltonshreveport, General Manager at Hilton Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

We sincerely regret that you stay with us was less than satisfactory. We aplogize for the pool not being warm and will be refunding your early c/out fee charged along with a personal call hoping we can secure your loyalty to Hilton again.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed here one night on a busy business trip - the more it matters if you get a good sleep. Well, I did not. The bedding was ok (just ok), the main issue was that you can just hear about everything both from your neighbors, the bathrooms AND the corridor. The hotel has been renovated some years back and it helped, a bit. You can still see though that the work has not been done properly (painting on the bathroom door was peeling and at places was missing altogether). However, we got a good price (80 USD) so that would probably make me stay again. Plus, if you need to travel to downtown Shreveport, this is a good location both to the Government Plaza and the Boardwalk.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
hiltonshreveport, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

We sincerely regret that your stay was not satisfactory. As the Hotel is only five years old, we pride ourselves on the condition of our facility and clearly, we must have missed some touch up paint/spots in our repainting of bedroom and guestroom doors. We will rectify this immediately and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

I love Hilton. I have never had a bad experience at a Hilton hotel. This is the exception. The room was average in size, decor. The windows were disgusting, covered in dirt and cobwebs outside. The mattresses were comparable to an old hotel. The hallways haven't been vacuumed since Clinton was in office. The tub did not drain: I had water up to my ankles. Really? It was better than Red Roof Inn, hence the 3 rating. Never this Hilton again.

• Stayed: November 2012

We sincerely apologize for your inconvenciences incurred during your recent stay. We strive very hard to ensure a clean building both inside and out. We regret we did not achieve your expectations and hope to secure your loyalty again someday soon. We appreciate your providing us the feedback necessary to improve on our services.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport
Horseshoe Bossier City
Horseshoe Bossier City
#4 of 35 in Bossier City
Hampton Inn Shreveport Airport

Been to Hilton Shreveport? Share your experiences!