“HILTON SHREVEPORT__GOOD STAY!”

Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Texas
“HILTON SHREVEPORT__GOOD STAY!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My family and I recently stayed here for a college football game, held at Independence Stadium. Upon check-in, hoping for an early check-in, didn't happen---which was shocking, but by magic our room was ready at 3:02pm. HAHA! , So, we took a ride on the free shuttle, with a very accomadating driver, to The Blind Tiger Restaurant(separate review). The room was spacious with a very nice view of downtown Shreveport. The beds could use a little more firmness. I would like to see the Garden Sleep Sytem at this Hilton. :) The hotel was full, but it was still quiet. The parking is across a very busy street, that could probably use a crosswalk to the hotel. We did valet later because we knew we would be in late. All in all, a nice stay!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Polish first
Omaha
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Don't be tempted by the Hilton name. It is a pretty hotel, but the service is some of the worst I've ever had in a hotel. I travel several times a year, and this was one of the worst hotels for service I've experienced. Initially I called the hotel to make sure their shuttles would still run at 11:00 p.m. when I arrived at the airport. The first woman I spoke with said that do not transport from the airport AT ALL. Finding this very odd, I asked to speak with someone else. The next person assured me I would have a shuttle ride from the airport. When I arrived in Shreveport, I called the hotel for a ride. I waited ONE HOUR for a shuttle. After three phone calls to the hotel, the manager finally sent a shuttle. The hotel was only 10 minutes away. The next problem I encountered was breakfast room service. A bowl of oatmeal took 45 minutes, and when it was delivered, there was no milk on the tray (milk was listed as included on the menu). The delivery person had to go back to the dining room and bring me milk. The second morning was better because when I called I specifically told them that I did NOT have 45 minutes to wait for my breakfast. It was much more timely the second day. Difficult hotel to work with.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
hiltonshreveport, Director of Sales at Hilton Shreveport, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted and I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of communicating, especially in regards to our shuttle. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area. I do hope that you will be our guest again – thank you for your review.
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

The stay was fine, the lobby and room were very comfortable. A great restaurant in the lobby.

The biggest problem was there was no place you could walk to and feel safe. Even parking your car you had to park across a busy road. Once you were there it was a nice hotel. Getting there and parking was a little difficult.

• Stayed August 2012
College Station, Texas
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I had booked a room for one night (a Saturday) at this hotel. There were 2 large groups of people there. The first group was there for the Texas A&M - La Tech football game. There was another group that was there for a large wedding. I arrived at about 4 pm (check in time is posted at 3). They not only had no room available for me to check in, but there were probably 50-60 other people 'ahead' of me with the same problem. Wedding guests needed to clean up,and change clothes to be at the wedding by 5. Us football folks were also trying to get changed so we could go eat dinner before our game. To say a lot of people were justifiably upset is an understatement.

I felt sorry for the people working the front desk because they were the messengers. I will be contacting the GM to register my displeasure.

The rooms were fine, but this situation was ridiculous. I suspect they granted a lot of late checkouts from Friday night for some reason. As a Hilton Honors member with Diamond status, the few times I have asked for a late checkout at any Hilton hotel, I have either been denied or given 30 minutes tops.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
hiltonshreveport, Director of Sales at Hilton Shreveport, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted and I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of being prepared for large crowds. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area. I do hope that you will be our guest again – thank you for your review.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Good customer service means much to me. My family reunion used the Hilton Shreveport in August 2012 as our host hotel. My husband and I were treated so rudely by security staff and we sincerely believe it was because of our race. We were also disappointed with the type of service we received from the sales department. In August, I wrote a letter and emailed the General Manager regarding the issue with security. This GM has never even acknowledged the receipt of our letter.

We also used the hotel in August 2010 for our family reunion. We have now shared the non-responsive attitude of management with the 2014 family reunion planning team and advised against using the Hilton Shreveport.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. We welcome all guests to our hotel, and I invite you to contact me directly to help rectify the situation. Thank you once again for your comments.
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

The hotel staff was very professional. The hotel beds were a bit soft, which led for a bit of a sleepless night. The restaurant breakfast was average at best. On my last night, I decided to eat dinner at the hotel restaurant. The food was subpar for the price. Also, my waiter would disappear for long periods of time while I waited for my food to be brought from the chef(which I could see since the chef prepares the food across from the seating area). Another waitress eventually brought my food to me. It got to the point where the other waitresses were calling my waiter's name in the back to find him! His service (or lack thereof) was reflected in my tip.

• Stayed October 2012
Dayton
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed one night in the Hilton Shreveport and found it to be excellent in every way. I was not there to visit the casinos, which are within walking distance but are not connected to the hotel. This is a plus. The hotel is clean and classy. The staff are friendly and the service was first rate. Parking -- directly across the street from the entrance -- is inexpensive ($5/night). Access to the hotel is quick and easy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport
Horseshoe Bossier City
#6 of 35 in Bossier City
Residence Inn Shreveport-Bossier City/Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Shreveport-South

Been to Hilton Shreveport? Share your experiences!