“Good centralized hotel”

Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Augusta, Georgia
“Good centralized hotel”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is an older property but with a facelift. Very nice staff, except those in the Starbucks, they seemed to always be just on this side of nice. The bellhops were great and very knowledgeable about thy area. The one downside is they have this massive garage across the street in which they charge 5 bucks a day and breakfast was way too expensive.

Room Tip: Choose a high room, nice views of Shreveport and the area.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank kjay67

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Polish first
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed at the Shreveport Hilton on 09/07/12. I received over 20 bites on my back, chest, and hands from bed bugs. A few hours after checking out I started itching and it felt much like a few mosquito bites. By 10 hours after checking out 4 of my fingers were swelled up to the point they were hard to bend. I had red bites the size of quarters over my back and chest.
I called the Shreveport Hilton and told the manager of my experience. Their response was to try and transfer me to house keeping. I responded by stating that would be her job. I was not offered any resolutions to get my clothes cleaned and replace my suitcase ( which is now in the dump).
I called the Nat'l headquarters and talked to a manager there and informed them of the incident. I was told it would be forwarded to the appropriate personnel. I have not heard a word from them or anyone else.
I would look elsewhere for lodging. I do not have any confidence that this management did anything to clean the room and have it sprayed.
Bed bugs are not fun. I have not had a full nights rest in 4 days due to itching and scratching.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank J B
hiltonshreveport, Director of Sales at Hilton Shreveport, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and promise the situation has been addressed. A representative from the hotel will be contacting you to help remedy the situation.
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I just attended a conference in town, held at a casino property. This was a much better option. Very nice rooms, friendly staff, NOT smokey! Loved it and will return if I come back to town. It is walkable to the casino hotels, and sometimes I walked sometimes I drove.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dallas
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton after having dinner at Ernest's with the fam. The hotel upgraded us to a presidential suite and hooked us up on breakfast. All I can say is I am LOVING the Hilton. I wish I would of complimented the lady which checked us in - awesome.

My kids LOVED it and it was a wonderful visit. We did lose money gambling, but it was fun. Great service.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Broken Bow, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stayed here recently, and during the night I was bitten by a brown recluse spider. Has this happened to anyone else staying here? Also, the carpet between the bed and the bathroom was soaking wet. We complained and they never even sent anyone up to check on it.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Shanna T
hiltonshreveport, Director of Sales at Hilton Shreveport, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I appreciate your speed in bringing this issue to me and allowing me to follow up with our pest control company, ensuring that you and future guests are taken care of. If I can assist you further, certainly let me know. Thank you.
Logansport, Louisiana
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Valet and bell men were exceptional. Beds were very comfy. Room exceptionally clean. Great location, close to casino's, Boardwalk and downtown. Room service was exceptional also. Felt safe in downtown Shreveport.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Booked at the last minute and got a great rate for a romm with two queens. A little wait at check in, as the hotel was very busy, which is the norm on weekends. Valet parking only $8.00 which is a deal. Self park is $5.00. Room on upper floor as requested and was very clean with a nice bath. beds typical Hilton quality, very comfy. Free shuttle to anywhere within a 3 mile radius was great. Just park your car and they shuttle you. This was the best. Fast pickup at 330am back the hotel from the Casinos. Breakfast, ordered off the menu was less than the buffett and far better. Large portions, nice staff. Breakfast for 4 with tax and tip under $45.00 in a hotel is great. Coming back to Shreveport wouyld definethly stay again. The shuttle is key and that way you don't have to pay the weekend prices at the Casinos. Which wrere very nice by the way.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Casinos. Slightly better view, which Shreveport really isn't known for...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport
Sleep Inn & Suites I-20
Sleep Inn & Suites I-20
#8 of 37 in Shreveport
Residence Inn Shreveport-Bossier City/Downtown

Been to Hilton Shreveport? Share your experiences!