“Great hotel and great location!!”
Review of Hilton Shreveport

Hilton Shreveport
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed May 9, 2011

We stayed here for one night this past weekend it was top notch. The room was nice and clean and recently appeared to be updated. We had a river view with a great view of the casinos. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We will definitely stay here again. Did I mention they have Starbucks onsite?

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,085)

Reviewed May 3, 2011

My son and I stayed overnight at the Hilton for his BDAY....it was very nice and quiet...the rooms are roomy and the bathroom was nice and big...very clean and fairly modern..getting wifi and staying connected was abit frustrating but I managed well...the location was GOOD.the roof top pool is very small but nice....breakfast roomservice was good...nice lobby/bar area...all in all, i will repeat the Hilton..my teenage son brought his XBOX 360, so he loved it...getting away from home and getting good old R&R is whats its about...ps grage parking only 3buck woohoo

Room Tip: i would recommend top floor
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2011

For prom night my friends and decided afterwards we would go to bossier and just spend the night there. When we heard that we could get a room at the Hilton of all places for 115 we were more than eager to have a Hilton experience. Unfortunately it wasn't all that great. Fiery things were amazing with the friendly front desk and spacious lobby then we got to our room and were disappointed with our view because all we could see was the roof. The bed was great except there were a couple stains and holes in the linen. Our water cups also still had water in them. The attitudes at the restaurant when I decided to get breakfast made me not even eat and so I decided to go back to the room to watch TV only to find it didn't work. I still had a great time with my friends no thanks to the Hilton. Maybe I'll give it another chance but don't set the bar to high.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Very nice hotel located in downtown Shrevport adjacent to the convention center. Hotel looks and feels new and clean. Good rooms with modern bathrooms, flat screen TV, and good size work desk. Valet parking is cheap at $8 and is much easier than self parking across street. Quiet rooms and nice beds made sleeping easy.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights with my boyfriend, brother, and sister-in-law. We booked through Travelocity (I had a coupon code) and had a slight mix-up at check-in (king bed vs. double bed) but other than that, the stay was fine. The room was nice and clean. We had a river view and it was a decent view. There were some totally creepy spiders hanging out on the outside of our window but I don't really think the hotel can help that...
We parked in the garage next to the hotel - I believe it was $6/day. The area seemed relatively safe. One night, we came home around midnight/1 AM and we were met with some shady looking groups in the parking garage, despite several police/security cars in the garage. They shouted at my sis-in-law and I but we just put our heads down and kept walking. There is a security guard on the bridge between the garage and the hotel at night... but I'm not so sure he was awake when we walked by after the encounter above. So if you park in the garage, make sure it's during daylight hours.
The lobby was nice and there's a Starbucks (convenient).
Anyways, there aren't many 4-star + options in Bossier/Shreveport so I'd stay here again if I can't get a room at the Horseshoe. :-)
Oh and free internet is ALWAYS a plus.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view!
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 25, 2011

I went with my husband for a conference -- the hotel is adjacent to the convention center, which was convenient for us. Rooms were clean and the hotel looked like it had been fairly recently updated. There is a lovely rooftop heated pool and workout center with a nice view. Parking is easy and cheap. I would imagine this is a good alternative to staying in one of the big casinos.The hotel restaurant was not very good, and many downtown restaurants were not open during the weekend.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2011

During my stay I asked management to address several of my concerns. They were not guest friendly. They were more concerned about groups coming in than the guests they currently have. The dishes in the restaurant were perpetually dirty. I had to dig through several dishes every morning to get a somewhat clean plate and/or bowl. In the fitness center, something was wrong with all but one piece of cardio equipment. The only bright spot was the front desk staff and the breakfast waitstaff. Overall, if you are looking to stay at a Hilton property in Shreveport, I would go to the Garden Inn.

Room Tip: Go to the Garden Inn.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport
Horseshoe Bossier City
Horseshoe Bossier City
#4 of 35 in Bossier City
Hampton Inn Shreveport Airport

Been to Hilton Shreveport? Share your experiences!