Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shreveport
$98
Hilton.com
  • Pool
$84
Eldorado Resort Casino(Shreveport)(Great Value!)
$57
$89
$86
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsfree wifi and breakfastsausage pattiesking suitefeel like familystay there againbed was comfortablebreakfast roomfront desk staffchecking inthe room was nicenice hotelclean roomspropertiesboardwalkfreewayaclinens
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my fiancee in King spa suite; room was very clean staff very good and free wifi. Room was quiet and breakfast good. I will stay here again as it was great! boardwalk is a short drive away

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The room was very clean, prompt service at front desk (this time), didn't walk out of breakfast bar still hungry but.....probably the most bland breakfast food I have ever had at Holiday Inn, but hey it's a hotel not a restaurant. Very comfy bed!!! We were on 4th floor and water pressure wasn't terrible but.....lots of hot water.

Didn't notice until undressed to shower that maid service had not left us fresh towels....but hey things happen...

We will definitely stay here again mainly because it's closest to family when visiting Shreveport...

Room Tip: Room 420 is far from elevators, large king room, very clean and fresh smelling...will request next trip
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I generally stay at this HIE in Shreveport because of their really great beds. Our second choice is the nearby Hampton Inn but we prefer the breakfast at HIE. This year I desired to splurge on a suite made sure to request top floor. Upon opening the door we were hit with a strong smell of mildew/mold. We searched around the room but found no sign of mildew. My husband then wanted to get ice but the bucket was nowhere to be found. Only the tray and bucket top were In the room. He had to go downstairs to find an ice bucket. Since we were tired we opened the window, turned off the air conditioner and went to bed. This was a very last minute trip and I needed to iron the next morning. The iron had a burnt on coating and only stuck to my clothing. When I called the desk they said they would notify the cleaning crew. I asked if they would bring a working iron to the room and was told the cleaning crew did not arrive until 10 am and until then there was nothing they could do. We had to be at our destination by 10 am so I told her not to bother. She called back a few minutes later and told my husband she had found an iron but he would need to come downstairs to retrieve it. We went to breakfast at 9:15 and found only a sad, cold looking piece of sausage and a equally sad egg thing (omelet?). All of the warm breakfast items were gone. We decided to eat elsewhere. When we returned to our room later, a cleaning lady told us she had not had a chance to do our room yet. I took the opportunity to ask her to step into the room and tell me if all the rooms had the same mildew odor. She seems visibly shocked by the smell and asked if we would like to speak to her supervisor. The supervisor never came, and after about 30 minutes we had to leave. When we stepped out another another cleaning lady was outside the next room. I asked her if she knew anything about the supervisor visiting our room. She claimed to be the supervisor and came into the room. By then we had determined the air conditioner was the source of the smell and pointed it out to her. We were told there was nothing she could do and the maintenance man had already left for the day. This was at 2:30 pm. She also said all the rooms were full so I asked her to just please report the mildew smell to management. We had to go out for the remainder of the day so purchased room deoderizer/disinfectant spray for our return. When we returned later that night we found our ice bucket had not been emptied, there was no bath mat and only decaffeinated coffee. The next morning we went to breakfast much earlier and again found several empty cases. Pam apologized to us and said she had run out of some items such as bacon and eggs and would cook some more, once it arrived, even if she had to pay for it herself. She went to several tables apologizing for the lack of food. It was obvious that the hotel management put a limit on the breakfast and poor Pam had to take the heat for it. This is last time we will stay at HIE in Shreveport. Next trip we will stay at Hampton Inn!

Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Linda B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Linda B,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We are sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret you were not satisfied with the conditions of the room you received and the breakfast service. We don't want any guest inconvenienced and rest assured that your comments will be used for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope that we can better serve you next time.

Connie D

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Normally I'm not a nit-picky person and try to make the best of situations that arise. At first sight our room was okay and appeared to be a typical chain hotel room. My wife and I had stayed in Holiday Inn Expresses prior to this and knew what to basically expect. However, we were sorely disappointed with our stay here. The first thing I noticed was the toilet lever was almost broken in two. Fortunately maintenance repaired it right away. I feel the cleaning staff should have reported this prior to our check-in as they were prepping the room. It was easily noticeable.

One of the greatest reasons for choosing this hotel was for the fact that they advertised wi-fi in all of their rooms. This may be true if your room is in the hallway because that's where the wi-fi signal ended. When I requested assistance from the front desk I was given the number for Holiday Inn's technical support. This is evidently part of their policy that if you have a problem connecting to the Internet via wi-fi it is up to you, the guest, to sort it all out. There was a distinct nonchalant attitude from the front desk clerks towards my plight.

After speaking to technical support they couldn't figure out what was wrong and promised to call me back. I'm still waiting on that phone call,by the way, and ended up calling them back. I spoke with someone who actually seemed to care and got me sorted out with the wi-fi. Again, it really didn't turn out to help as we lost the signal almost immediately after we got it. At this point my wife and I gave up the fight for wi-fi.

During all of this our room keys had to be re-programmed twice. Not a big thing except for the fact that they programmed them for the wrong room entirely even after I very clearly told them my room number. I don't know if they were just having a bad day or what was going on. I only know it didn't improve my day,or my weekend, as I feel my stay here wasn't that great as a result of the poor customer service we received from the front desk. This was a departure from the rest of the staff who seemed to try their best to make us feel welcome. As a result of our experiences we will not be returning to this particular Holiday Inn Express in the future.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Boo-Sparky
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Boo-Sparky,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you our guest to let us know how we are doing and how to better meet your needs. I have taken note of your comments regarding the internet service and apologize for the challenges you experienced during your stay. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Connie D

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights at about double the price of comparable hotels. Dirty towels left in elevator hanging from rail. Night manager sitting on couch in eating area watching tv while we were leaving. Did not even get up for us to check out. Stayed prior night at casino for less than half the price and the room was probably better and in downtown area.

• Stayed: May 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Papadshaw,

Thank you so much for your recent comments. I am sorry that you were disappointed on this visit especially with the maintenance levels on site. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments so that we can further improve on our efforts.

Pam G.