“#1 for a reason” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
Wolfforth, Texas
“#1 for a reason”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This hotel was everything it sells itself as. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms incredibly spacious. The beds...well, I have a phobia about hotel mattresses, this was the most comfortable and clean bed I've slept on in a hotel in years. Over the top pillows, comforters etc. It was easily walking distance to several restaurants. My daughters and I spent an afternoon sightseeing and window shopping, while my husband had business meetings, and it was within just a few minutes walk of the hotels front door. I can't say enough. I loved my stay here and will be returning again soon.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Renoir room (all the rooms are named after artists). It was very quiet. Almost lik...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank jennyintexas4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Waxahachie, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is the nicest hotel in Shreveport, hands down. I chose this property for my wedding night because of the attention to detail, service received, well appointed accommodations, and genuine hospitality. We felt our only other option was a casino, or the local Hilton (where I am a HHonors member), but, I did not want to spend my wedding night in a casino. I found the guest service at a nearby casino to be average when I toured the rooms, and the Hilton, being a business hotel, would not offer the unique features and romance that I was looking for. The Remington was exactly what we needed!

The Remington is a true, boutique hotel, designed after a European property. Each room is named for, and themed after a well known artist. You will not find another property like this is Shreveport-Bossier. Since our stay was only for one night, I can not speak to many of the amenities that are offered (i.e. spa, pool, fitness center, dining options); however, I can tell you that the service here is unparalleled in Shreveport. Each room is unique, warm, and inviting. The bed was outstanding, and well appointed with fresh, soft linens, and pillows.

I had my luggage taken to Shreveport early that morning (prior to the wedding) along with 3 dozen roses to be spread throughout the room. The guest services team ensured that all our luggage and items were delivered to our room, and setup prior to our arrival that evening.

Valet parking is your best bet, as the metered spaces (which are free nights/weekends) tend to fill up fast. I would have liked my check in to be completed prior to our arrival, but the delay was very minimal. Also, a bellman would have been a tremendous help, as we had some additional luggage items (Brides Basket, and gown bag) that were a bit cumbersome.

Upon check out, I found the lady at the front desk to be almost family like in her hospitality. She even walked out to the curb and made small talk with us while we loaded our cab, and hugged my bride sharing her "congratulations." We both remarked that we will be staying here again in the future, and I would highly recommend it to any traveler looking for a gem in and otherwise mediocre destination for lodging.

Room Tip: I toured several rooms prior to our stay and did not find one that would have left me disappointed...
Iowa, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

From the moment we stepped foot into the foyer, we knew this was a very special hotel! Besides great amenities and excellent service, the hotel offers a quiet morning Bible Study to anyone interested. We studied on How to Experience God's Peace in a Chaotic World - just what we needed in this season of our lives! We left rested, refreshed, encouraged and blessed!

1 Thank gary y
Decatur, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We had to be in Shreveport for a funeral. The staff were absolutely wonderful. The rooms were very nice and comfortable but for me the make or break of a hotel is the bed. The beds were as good as any I have had in any 5 star hotel. I slept GREAT as did everyone. The coffee makers were Keurig which in my opinion are superior. Our room also had a refrigerator and free wi-fi. I am so sick of really nice hotels charging for wi-fi (Four Seasons Philadelphia). Everything about this hotel was comfortable and soothing. The only down sides were so minimal: the floor in bathroom had not been mopped behind the door and although not filthy it showed. Also some very minor mold in one corner of the shower. I would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank NGW56
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I travel to Shreveport from time to time on business and stumbled across this place quite by accident, or rather my secretary did when she was looking to book me a room earlier this year. I've stayed at the Remington Suites several times and won't consider staying anywhere else on my next trip.

What a pleasant surprise. I've stayed in hotels that cost five times as much that weren't as nice as the Remington Suites. When I tell people one of my favorite hotels is in Shreveport, they look at me like I just grew a third eyeball, but it's true.

There's really nothing to eat for dinner in downtown Shreveport within walking distance that you won't get sick of pretty fast, but aside from that, this place is just about perfect. This hotel is a very nice, pleasant little surprise.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank WJM627
Longview, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This small hotel is simply great! Very personalized service. Friendly, helpful staff. Very clean hotel, in rooms & everywhere else. Nice indoor pool, hot tub, full service spa, weight room, and onsite barber too. Quiet, peaceful rooms with comfortable beds. Even though the complimentary breakfast is continental, it is way above average from the usual continental fare. Good hotel location also. The best part- a small 2 room suite here is less expensive (even with the valet parking added in bill) than most chain hotels around that don't offer near the quality stay! This hotel will spoil you.

1 Thank BeachBook007
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

my husband and i stayed here for our anniversary. the hotel was wonderful! staff was very friendly and the suite was exquisite. the pool was heated and very large. the room itself was very beautiful. we had all the extra touches that everyone has mentioned. if you have a chance to stay here, do so!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank whitneyleann07
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
Hilton Shreveport
#8 of 36 in Shreveport
4.0 of 5 stars 512 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shreveport West
Sleep Inn & Suites Shreveport

Been to The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport? Share your experiences!