The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Offended”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I recently stayed at the Remington because we had a sleepover with 5 girls to celebrate 5th grade graduation. I was told by the manager Jeremy that we had 3 too many people in our room so there was an extra charge of $20 per person. Ok, I understood that no problem. The offense took place when he told us that he checked & the kids weren't causing any problems & were quiet However, if we made any noise we would be Asked to leave. Why am I offended, because unknowing to Jeremy, I just recently stayed at the hotel(my 5th stay) and their was a family with a bunch of kids running up & down the hall, making loud noise & going in & out of doors but they were not asked to leave but we were threaten we could be dismissed. Was it because we were African American?...the other family was not. So needless to say the kids didn't enjoy themselves because they were afraid if they laughed to loud after 10pm, we would get put out!! But overall it's a great hotel & Kate is Amazing!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AshleyRee
Louis M, Manager at The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to express your concern. To better improve our service, we always appreciate feedback from our guests. We want to thank you for being a loyal, repeat guest of The Remington. We apologize that your most recent stay with us was not as pleasant as you had hoped. Per our hotel policy, we have a suggested occupancy of 2 adults per suite with a maximum of 3 adults or 4 persons. We do however make occasional exceptions for families with children. The Remington Suite Hotel is very proactive in assuring all of our guests are able to enjoy a peaceful and relaxing stay. I can assure you that our hotel policy is applied to all guests and not on a selection basis; verbally and in writing on their guest registration which is signed upon check in. Here at the Remington, we pride ourselves in customer service and providing a hands-on experience like no other. While we believe our people make the difference, we know beyond a doubt that our guests make us who we are. Because of you, and those you have referred to us, The Remington Suite Hotel & Spa is the proud recipient of the 2013 Trip Advisor “Certificate of Excellence Award” for being consistently rated the “#1 Hotel in Shreveport” , Shreveport Chamber of Commerce “2012 Small Business of the Year Award” and the Better Business Bureau “Customer Commitment Award for 2012.

Again, we thank you for your feedback.

Jeremy Tujague

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Sudan
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel has all the special touches that make one's stay so enjoyable. The whole staff was super nice and accommodating. The hotel has it's own charm with warm and inviting décor. The breakfast was wonderful with great food and coffee. The room had comfortable beds and a little kitchen. It's a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Lufkin, Texas, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed overnight for our anniversary, what a classy hotel with wonderful amenities. The staff is super friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is beautiful, clean, quite, and just top notch! The bed was so comfortable!! We will definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Owasso, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I'm so glad I did. The location is safe and convenient, the decor is rich and warm. The stone floors and all the dark wood add to the upscale but comfortable (non-stuffy) ambiance. The attention to detail is also impressive - I loved the dining table sets in the breakfast area with the little ceramic birds on the chair backs. I know that's a small thing but it's one of a multitude of "small things" that made me notice how beautiful this hotel is. All of the staff were exceedingly friendly, and the little box of chocolates delivered after check-in was a nice touch. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub, both very nice, and again with the back drop of exposed brick wall, admired the ambiance and "boutique ness" of this place that made me never want to see a chain hotel again. Really, there is no comparison. Breakfast was a cut above the usual continental fare and wifi was decent. The bed was suuuuper comfy. My only disappointment was the $20 plus tax to park my car. I felt okay about leaving it on the street until it was stressed that their garage had 24-hour full security, then either way I was going to feel a little buzz kill...either insecure about my car overnight or reluctant about adding 22 bucks to my bill. I don't like buzz kills on vacation! But, as you can see, I'm still rating this lovely hotel a 5, so the parking situation was a small thorn in an otherwise lovely Remington rose!

Room Tip: We stayed in the suite because my teenagers thought a two-level room would be "so cool" bu...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I are from California and recently stayed at the Remington Suites Hotel in Shreveport.
We LOVED the decor and ambience of this boutique hotel. Every attention to detail was covered. The suites were beautifully decorated with inviting comfortable bedding that beckoned you.
From the warm friendly staff who were there to make sure your stay was perfect to fabulous homemade "red beans and rice" meal that was served for guest on sunday evenings!
We felt like we had stepped back in time with all the southern hospitality we received.

We only had a few days in Shreveport but we had such a great time at the Remington, we are planning to go back for a longer stay.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are suites and uniquely decorated.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Absolutely one of the best hotels I have stayed at. Staff was top notch and hotel was beautiful. Room was clean and bed was very comfortable . If you are looking for a quiet getaway The Remington is the place to be. We will most definitely stay again .

• Stayed June 2013
Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My visit to the Remington left only one thing lacking...not enough hours to be there! I wish I had extended the time at the lovely hotel. The experience was perfect in every way. The surroundings were both beautiful and comfortable and the service was impeccable. I enjoyed the gym, and pool. Everything I needed was provided, and I'm thankful I had this time in the cozy environment. I plan to take advantage of the media room soon, and hope to return for another stay as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
Hilton Shreveport
#8 of 37 in Shreveport
Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport
Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport
#10 of 37 in Shreveport

Been to The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport? Share your experiences!