I'm so glad I did. The location is safe and convenient, the decor is rich and warm. The stone floors and all the dark wood add to the upscale but comfortable (non-stuffy) ambiance. The attention to detail is also impressive - I loved the dining table sets in the breakfast area with the little ceramic birds on the chair backs. I know that's a small thing but it's one of a multitude of "small things" that made me notice how beautiful this hotel is. All of the staff were exceedingly friendly, and the little box of chocolates delivered after check-in was a nice touch. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub, both very nice, and again with the back drop of exposed brick wall, admired the ambiance and "boutique ness" of this place that made me never want to see a chain hotel again. Really, there is no comparison. Breakfast was a cut above the usual continental fare and wifi was decent. The bed was suuuuper comfy. My only disappointment was the $20 plus tax to park my car. I felt okay about leaving it on the street until it was stressed that their garage had 24-hour full security, then either way I was going to feel a little buzz kill...either insecure about my car overnight or reluctant about adding 22 bucks to my bill. I don't like buzz kills on vacation! But, as you can see, I'm still rating this lovely hotel a 5, so the parking situation was a small thorn in an otherwise lovely Remington rose!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of Shreveport's downtown business and entertainment district, The Remington Suite Hotel & Spa has no equal in its class. What began as Shreveport's oldest pharmacy in 1907 was converted into a hotel in 1986. Renovations began in 2006 under new ownership and has since been converted into the stunning establishment it is today. Refurnished and redecorated, The Remington has undergone some amazing changes since its rebirth. A gorgeous lobby, two separate indoor event spaces, a rooftop event space, a fully-serviced spa, an indoor pool and hot tub, a full service bar, and The Gerard Butler Movie Theater are among the amenities The Remington holds. The rooms are spacious and elegant, with 5 classes of suites to choose from. Each room offers a bathtub with Jacuzzi jet, a kitchenette, a safe for valuables, and one of the most comfortable beds you'll ever sleep in. We at The Remington take pride in maintaining our rooms and common areas to provide consistent comfort and charm. We welcome you to The Remington Suite Hotel & Spa, Shreveport's premier boutique hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Remington Hotel Shreveport
- Remington Suite Shreveport
- Remington Suite Hotel Shreveport