“The Worst Hotel Experience I Have EVER Had!” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Dallas, Texas, United States
“The Worst Hotel Experience I Have EVER Had!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I checked into this hotel for two nights and, since I paid in cash, had to pay an extra 300 deposit. Far enough. The room was nice, jacuzzi tub was great. I was there for only a few hours before I left the room to enjoy Shreveport. While I was gone, the maids snuck into my room, ignoring the "Do Not Disturb" sign I made sure to hang on the door, and the fact that I had told the manager I did not want maid service. The staff accused me of towel theft because I took a couple of extra towels (maybe 3) from the maid cart. The maid saw me and I showed and told her about the towels. It was no big deal to me. I get extra towels at nearly every hotel I stay in. It was no more than 3 towels and 3 washcloths and I was to be there 2 nights and did not want maid service. The rooms are nice and if you are not a pretty young woman, the staff will likely be very nice to you. All discrimination is wrong and hotel staff is there to make all paying guests feel welcome. If they snuck into my room, what would stop them from sneaking into yours? The experience I had shows what the staff of the hotel is capable of. I have stayed at 4, 4.5, and 5 star hotels across the country and never had any problems. I get some extra towels and leave them right there when I leave. I would not dream of stealing anything from anyone. This experience was horrible.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Linsay M
Louis M, General Manager at The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guest:

It is the practice of the Remington Suite Hotel & Spa to respond to all guest comments, especially those that indicate we did not meet their expectations.

This is somewhat difficult in your case, as only you, the hotel management, and Shreveport Police are aware of the reason that your stay was upended and cut short. Any and all action taken was in the best interest and safety of all patrons, customers, staff and property.

Due to this incident, I am sure that your visit to the Remington Hotel and Shreveport in particularly, was not a memorable one, thus, in the best interest of your confidentiality, we feel further elaboration is not deemed necessary.

The Remington Hotel Suite and Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Wow! We were so impressed! Friendly and helpful service and the hotel was amazing! Everything about our room perfect! We stayed in one of the grand suites on their Sunday night special. What a deal! Offered dinner and breakfast which were exceptional! Walking distance to casinos.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

The Remington was great. Wonderful service and the rooms are first class. Only left wishing there was more going on in their neighborhood besides casinos. Not many restaurants and things to do in walking distance.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Leesville, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stayed there for our anniversary on Valentine's Day and we will definitely return next time we're in the Shreveport/Bossier area. This is why:

1. We were greeted by friendly,helpful staff and given red velvet cupcakes with cheesecake filling on top (it is like they knew I was coming!) - so delicious! All of the staff (receptionist, bellhop, custodians, etc.) have EXCELLENT customer service skills; we were truly impressed!

2. One of the staff members helped us with our luggage and when we got to the room, he quickly inspected the room to double check that all the lights were in working order and that the room was perfect - which we appreciated.

3. The room smelled and looked clean! We are germaphobes...as in we carry Clorox wipes when we stay at hotels and bring an extra towel just in case. There was no need here! It was well dusted and could not find a piece of hair or nail clippings. The towels, pillow, and sheets were spotless too!

4. The General Manager, Lou, also left us a sweet, hand-written "Happy Anniversary" card along with a box of chocolates. We appreciate this so much and it made our stay extra special! Thank you Lou!!!

5. We did not have a whole lot of time for breakfast, but they offer a nice spread. They had some of my favorites - Greek yogurt and fresh banana-nut muffins! They also have a variety of breads!

6. The hotel is just lovely and relaxing, and it's at a great location - especially if you plan on visiting The Boardwalk for shopping or food.

7. The rooms have PLENTY of space and storage. As a girly girl - I like to have an area to do hair and makeup that is not in the bathroom so I'm out of the way...and there was a nice dresser with mirror in the room that had outlets next to it. It just made our stay a little more pleasant!

I can see why the Remington Suite Hotel is rated #1! They definitely deserve the title! Thank you for such a wonderful stay!!!

Thing to keep in mind:

There is not a parking lot for the hotel. However, there are parallel parking spots all around it. Just make sure by 8am that you put some coins in the meter so you don't get a ticket! The staff informed us of it when we checked in - cause they are great like that!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leelee2014
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is a charming and beautiful hotel, and the staff are outstanding. It is so nice to see a group tha truly understands what a commitment to the customer really means. Thank you Remington for a wonderful weekend!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Florence, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed here recently and this place is by far on our "top of the list" of favorite places to stay! There are not enough adjectives to describe how pleased we were with the rooms, the staff and everything about this place!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are perfect!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Was planning to stay at another hotel this week for a workshop this and because of poor reviews there called the Remington.

From time of initial contact Kate was incredibly friendly and professional and sorted out rooms for our party at very reasonable rates, everyone was impressed.

Here is my review

Check in - friendly, nice and helpful
Rooms - mine was huge and lovely, more later as management comment
Breakfast - nice with good coffee
Staff - amazing, someone loaned me his ipad charger overnight - really great staff

I do however have some finish quality / maintenance comments to make for room 5 - I've seen this before in some other small boutique style hotels that end up looking run down if not caught and I really think you have this place so right that you should look at the fine details to make the rooms wow. I still gave this 5 stars which is very unusual for me but would like management to take heed of these comments as improvements on a generally great experience.

I was in room 5 - suggest you go have a look at :- cleanliness of woodwork, ceilings and doors, marked paint and chairs, closet light without shade with holes in the roof, noisy jacuzzi that pulses and has a nozzle missing, really old and dirty fridge that just doesn't go with decor of room, scrappy paint, missing electric outlet front etc etc. Hope you take this list and go look at the general finish quality and fix these small things - doing so will make an even better experience for your guests in future.

Rob

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Louis M, General Manager at The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Rob:

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and thank you for your honest and glowing review.

Needless to say, I am delighted that you checked our reviews on Trip Advisor and compared them to the hotel where you originally had reservations.

Yes, we are the number one ranked hotel in Shreveport, and it is only through comments such as yours, that we can maintain The Remington and exceed our guest expectations.

Your comments on Room 5 were well taken and we are in the process of following up on your recommendations.

Again, we enjoyed having you with us and look forward to your return.

Lou Martinelli, CHA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
Hilton Shreveport
Residence Inn Shreveport-Bossier City/Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport
Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport
#10 of 37 in Shreveport

Been to The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport? Share your experiences!