I checked into this hotel for two nights and, since I paid in cash, had to pay an extra 300 deposit. Far enough. The room was nice, jacuzzi tub was great. I was there for only a few hours before I left the room to enjoy Shreveport. While I was gone, the maids snuck into my room, ignoring the "Do Not Disturb" sign I made sure to hang on the door, and the fact that I had told the manager I did not want maid service. The staff accused me of towel theft because I took a couple of extra towels (maybe 3) from the maid cart. The maid saw me and I showed and told her about the towels. It was no big deal to me. I get extra towels at nearly every hotel I stay in. It was no more than 3 towels and 3 washcloths and I was to be there 2 nights and did not want maid service. The rooms are nice and if you are not a pretty young woman, the staff will likely be very nice to you. All discrimination is wrong and hotel staff is there to make all paying guests feel welcome. If they snuck into my room, what would stop them from sneaking into yours? The experience I had shows what the staff of the hotel is capable of. I have stayed at 4, 4.5, and 5 star hotels across the country and never had any problems. I get some extra towels and leave them right there when I leave. I would not dream of stealing anything from anyone. This experience was horrible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of Shreveport's downtown business and entertainment district, The Remington Suite Hotel & Spa has no equal in its class. What began as Shreveport's oldest pharmacy in 1907 was converted into a hotel in 1986. Renovations began in 2006 under new ownership and has since been converted into the stunning establishment it is today. Refurnished and redecorated, The Remington has undergone some amazing changes since its rebirth. A gorgeous lobby, two separate indoor event spaces, a rooftop event space, a fully-serviced spa, an indoor pool and hot tub, a full service bar, and The Gerard Butler Movie Theater are among the amenities The Remington holds. The rooms are spacious and elegant, with 5 classes of suites to choose from. Each room offers a bathtub with Jacuzzi jet, a kitchenette, a safe for valuables, and one of the most comfortable beds you'll ever sleep in. We at The Remington take pride in maintaining our rooms and common areas to provide consistent comfort and charm. We welcome you to The Remington Suite Hotel & Spa, Shreveport's premier boutique hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Remington Hotel Shreveport
- Remington Suite Shreveport
- Remington Suite Hotel Shreveport