“Fantastic Hotel”

The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The hotel has an absolutely fabulous staff, everyone is incredibly friendly and accommodating. You really feel at home and able to work if you need to. Provided a great free dinner and breakfast when I was there as well as coffee and tea throughout the day/night. The room was super spacious with free Wifi, comfy bed and everything. Definitely recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel has excellent, friendly service at an amazing value.

We stayed in a 3 room suite at a great rate, which made it really convenient to allow our 20 month old down to nap and go to bed earlier than us.

The hotel offered valet parking for $20/night, which was well worth it. They were always quick to have our car brought around. The hotel was convenient to the freeway exits and entrances, so we could quickly get around town to the various sites we wanted to visit.

The pool and hot tub were great amenities, as well as the workout room. We didn't get a chance to use the spa amenities, but they looked very attractive. We would consider using them next time.

The morning breakfast had a nice assortment of light breakfast foods, and we were very glad that they had yogurt, milk, and other refrigerated goods available all day in the lobby. It made for an easy snack to access for our son.

Overall, the most impressive thing about this hotel is the friendliness of the staff and the number of amenities that, at a similar boutique hotel would all cost extra, were all free and included.

Downtown Shreveport was a bit disappointing. Not a lot within walking distance of this hotel, but we had our car and enjoyed the other sights and restaurants that were highly rated by TripAdvisor (which we had great luck with).

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Louis M, General Manager at The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding the Remington’s accommodations, rates, parking, spa, health club and breakfast buffet, BUT your last comment regarding the friendliness and individual attention of our staff is what we strive to emulate for our guests. We honestly believe at the Remington, that “People Do Make the Difference” and put this first in our daily operation.

Lou Martinelli

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We absolutely loved the Remington Suite Hotel and Spa. Each and every one of the staff was especially nice, which made my husband and I feel very special. The suite was very impressive with the jacuzzi bath tub. We have added the Remington to the top of our list of the hotels we definitely plan to return to for a relaxing weeken get-a-way.

Room Tip: Room on the front of the street is recommended
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phyllis J
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Fantastic after a 16 hour flight to stretch out in the comfiest bed ever, to relax in the pool and hot tub. Large room, free WiFi, breakfast and phone calls make this incredibly good value. Yes there was only a wall for a view but Shreveport is hardly scenic. The building has been tastefully renovated and oozes charm and space. The staff were incredibly helpful in all aspects and made an excellent recommendation for dinner.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Comfiest bed and great variety of pillows, I was able to make the room super cold without any problems (which I love), Hottest bath with a great slanted back (I almost fell asleep), and very quiet! There was one window with black out blinds which made no sunlight come through in the mornings (it was awesome to sleep in). I loved the Keurig in the room!!! The robes in the closet were so comfy! I came close to offering money for one. The staff was super helpful and very nice. The first night I came into Shreveport (first time ever) I called the front desk and the girl talked me through driving directions and then made a guy move his truck who wasn't staying at the hotel so I could pull my car right up front so they could valet it and then she helped me bring my stuff up to my room after checking me in. LOVED IT!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Although the Remington has some good features (very quiet, good continental breakfast), I was disappointed with my stay. My room had a view of a brick wall, with very little natural light coming in. It also had an older brown shag carpet, which added to the darkness. Electrical outlets were not easy to access. Parking is also a problem. I was there on the weekend, so was able to park on the street, but this would be trickier during the week.

Finally, my room was not serviced. I returned to my room about 2:30 p.m. on Sunday and the cleaner asked me if I needed anything. I said no, assuming she had cleaned the room. She had not. (In any case, at that point I wanted to rest from my outing. But it was surprising to me that the room had not been cleaned by then.)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Louis M, General Manager at The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our Remington Suite Hotel. It is only by learning of one’s experience, pleasant or unpleasant, that we can maintain our standards, service, facilities, and most importantly, assure our guests that their stay is our number one priority.

I was surprised and certainly apologize to hear that your room was not serviced by 2:30 p.m. Sunday afternoon. The hotel was 100% occupied Saturday night, but it is our goal to have all rooms completed by no later than 3:30 p.m.

The hotel has a private parking garage and we encourage all guests to use this 24-hour valet service as opposed to parking on the street. Evidently, this was not brought to your attention.

I have discussed your comments with the staff of the hotel, and again, appreciate you bringing these to our attention.

Lou Martinelli, CHA

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed at the Remington for a bachelorette party. Everything was wonderful until water leaked into our room. The manager on duty offered us a refund as they had no other rooms available and no other hotels had rooms on Shreveport. We called the next day to confirm the money was refunded only for the GM to tell us he was only giving back half since we stayed in there. Like we had a choice. This hotel does not honor their word!

• Stayed: October 2012
Louis M, General Manager at The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at The Remington Suite Hotel. I am delighted to hear that everything was wonderful until there was a water leak. Room 5 in which you stayed is a new VIP Suite and it was our pleasure to upgrade you and your party at no additional cost.

Yes, it is true I personally called and offered Amanda, the guest paying the account for Room 5, a 50% discount for the inconvenience. I also called and talked to Crystal explaining the hotel’s position.

The policy of the hotel is to have all guest comments responded to by the General Manager as he is the individual authorized to offer considerations. All staff is aware of this, and as I explained to Amanda and Crystal, I feel there was a misunderstanding in discussing the water leak in your room.

Needless to say, I apologize for this misunderstanding and have offered Crystal a gift certificate to have you ladies return in the future.

I do appreciate your comments.

Lou Martinelli, CHA

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
Hilton Shreveport
Residence Inn Shreveport-Bossier City/Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport
Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport
#10 of 37 in Shreveport

Been to The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport? Share your experiences!