“Loved, Loved, Loved this place”

The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Bossier City, Louisiana, United States
“Loved, Loved, Loved this place”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We loved our stay at the Remington. We live in Bossier and was just looking for a nice hotel for a get a way. All the casino hotels seemed so standard for the same price as this luxurious hotel. I told my husband that it was a cross between a bed and breakfast and a grand hotel. It had a very unique style about it and the staff was very friendly. Loved it so much I am hoping to visit again for my Birthday!
One thing I would add is the breakfast could have used more class. The pastries were not fresh. Maybe work with a local bakery on that!
Thanks so much

Room Tip: Deluxe room was very spacious with an extra sitting room. We felt the standard would have been roomy...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed August 6, 2012

The first great thing about this hotel is that they are very accomidating! We needed an early check in. I called ahead to see if that was possible. I was told the couple before had checked out and our room would be ready at 12. Regular check in is at 3. We got there about 12:15 and waited about 15 minutes until our room was ready. We got the bi level suite #2. So lovely! Comfortable, yet fancy! The bed was so soft and comfy. The huge window was so neat! You could see the casino in the reflection of the office building across the street! The only downside is that there is a noisy bar next door. All night you can hear music and people talking outside.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Wow! Upon arrival, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. All employees seemed eager to assist us throughout our stay. From the manager to housekeeping, I have never seen a hotel with such amazing service! And, the good news doesn't stop there.
The room was beautiful, and spacious. It had a huge jacuzzi tub and a very comfortable bed. Even the roll away bed was a cut above. My only complaint is that I didn't stay longer. I cannot wait to go back and try the spa.

• Stayed August 2012
Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Great Hotel in Shreveport! I arrived VERY late in the evening and was greeted by Nancy who was so wonderful. I stay in alot of hotels and i can honestly say i have never had anyone walk me directly to my room. Maybe it was the exhausted "road Warrior" look on my face but i truly appreciated it. It really is the little things here that go a long way. The Bed was awesome and i slept like i was at home! I will definitley be back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We loved your hotel. Shelby at the front desk was the perfect example of service from the first call on the phone to our final good bye. She represents your hotel as the finest of hotels. She is a valuable asset to your hotel. She made my wife and I feel like She was our best friend.. Her and Shelby went over and above by bringing our ID's to us at the casino. Thats a story in itself. Your hotel has a unique luxury kind of character to it. We stayed in the Picasso suite. The room was very stylish and had a nice warm feeling of uniqueness and not another cookie cutter room. On our next return to Shreveport we will absolutely be staying with you again and hopefully can say hello to the familiar face of Shelby & Jeremy.
Chuck & Laurie Rollins
Owners of BigCrappie.com Fishing Guide & Instruction Service.

• Stayed July 2012
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My hubby and I are having a baby in November and wanted a short overnight to get away other than Dallas. We have two dogs and love to take them with us when we travel. This property is very pet friendly and was more than accomodating when it came to our furry family. They provided kennels, chew toys, treats and even pet beds at no extra charge! It was all ready and setup for us when we arrived and even a complimentary upgrade to a suite. They, "had one available for the same price and knew it would've better for us to all fit!" So thoughtful! There is a 30 dollar per pet fee but so worth it in our opinion! The entire staff is helpful, kind, and sweet! We felt at home and very very comfortable! Nice downtown location, close to everything and smoke free! The rooms are not fancy but very comfy beds, old jacuzzi tubs but very functional and relaxing! Believe me.... We tend to prefer trendy 4star and above hotels and never come to Shreveport because there is nothing that compares, and I think they changed our minds! Now off to Herby K's for lunch! :)

• Stayed July 2012
Lufkin, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Out of all of the hotels and B&B's we've ever stayed in, The Remington is by far the nicest, most reasonably priced place to stay! Plenty of room in their Premier Suite, very clean, very private and very quiet! My hubby and I stayed here for a romantic getaway after his return home from a year long tour in Afghanistan and I can't say enough wonderful things about the staff and the hotel itself. The location is perfect if you want a drink or even dine out and the Louisiana Boardwalk is only a couple minutes away.The manager greeted us before we even walked through the door to welcome us and we were upgraded at no extra charge due to his military status. Thank you very much for a pleasant and unforgettable stay!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
Hilton Shreveport
Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport
Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport
#10 of 37 in Shreveport
Chateau Suite Hotel, Downtown Shreveport

Been to The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport? Share your experiences!