“Funky looking little find”
Review of Yeero-Yeero

Yeero-Yeero
Ranked #230 of 519 Restaurants in Shreveport
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed June 21, 2012

On a trip to Alabama, made a stop in Shreveport at Yeero-Yeero based on reviews I saw here. I'm not sure what this place was originally but forget what the outside looks like. It's just funky. Inside is a different story. Great food. Service was efficient but not knowledgable about Greek cuisine. I asked about taramasalata (they didn't have it) which is a spread for bread made with Tarama caviar and she had no idea what I was talking about. Then when she was asking if we wanted desert, she mentioned baklava and Greek custard. Well the Greek custard is is a wonderful desert made with phyllo dough and custard and is called galaktoboureko. One of my all time favorites. She had no idea that's what it was called. I go to a Greek restaurant, they better know about the basic foods in Greek cuisine. We had traditional Greek entrees. Moussaka, Pasticio, Spanokopita and Dolmades were all some of the best we had ever had including that which we ate in Greece.

Don't order the "exotic iced tea." I don't know what was so exotic about it. Special flavors made it taste nasty and for $3.39 it was very disappointing.

All in all I really liked this place and the food was the shining star.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Found this restaurant accidentally a couple of years ago and have been returning every single time we are in the Shreveport/Bossier City area. Yes, they do have a drive-thru but also a full-service dining room (BYOB is nice), which is quite charming. The food is consistently fresh and delicious. In the DFW area we cannot find Greek food that compares to Yeero Yeero. The quality of food matters more to me than quantity - but they do give you an ample serving! You should not leave hungry! I think it is a great gem! The gyro wrap with their seasoned fries are both yummy. Just thinking about their gyro greek salad makes me want to jump in the car and drive 4 hours for dinner! ;) Darn, should have brought some gyros home with us!

1  Thank MrsYummy
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This place is worth seeing just for the decor. The owner really took the time to make it beautiful. Food was excellent. This was the best meal so far in Shreveport in our 3 days here.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

We had misgivings about a Greek restaurant with a drive-thru in a building with a scrolling sign and the door in the back. We were happily pleased with the interior, the service, and the food. We had ka-bobs, gyro platter, and sandwiches. Each was delicious and quickly served in a quiet, pleasant atmosphere. The place was steady with customers of all ages, but not crowded, and the height of the ceilings seemed to absorb the sounds. It is a BYOB place with no corking fee. Highly recommend for a follow-up visit.

Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

Good American-Greek food. However, in recent years the price has gone up while service and courtesy declined.

Been to Yeero-Yeero? Share your experiences!