“Excellent find in Shreveport”
Review of Bella Fresca

Bella Fresca
Ranked #20 of 498 Restaurants in Shreveport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Louisiana
“Excellent find in Shreveport”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My wife and I took our two sons out to dinner last night. Nothing to look at from the outside, but very fun atmosphere inside. Excellent wait staff. Energetic atmosphere meaning loud in a good way. Honestly. It feels like everyone is having a good time and enjoying their dinners because they are. I know we did. Shrimp and scallop appetizer was great. Fried green tomato appetizer is mostly shrimp remoulade on top with tons of shrimp. Most of us had fish dishes which were all good. My blackened snapper was very fine. Desserts were delicious, the bread pudding and a peanut butter something or other. Small well selected wine list, but a bit on the expensive side. Overall, and excellent dinner but pricey. If you've not been here and can go easy on the wine and drinks, then by all means try it.

• Visited April 2013

Shreveport, Louisiana
“Great appetizers”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I ate here last Saturday and have eaten here several times for lunch and dinner over the last two years. As mentioned in other reviews, the restaurant is small, but has intimate booths. It does get a little loud (there were several large groups there). Parking is easy but I would recommend getting there earlier in the evening if you come on a Sat. My favorite appetizers are the beef carpaccio and the fried green tomatoes with shrimp remoulade. I also enjoy their goat cheese with honey and rosemary which comes with the cheese plate. For lunch, I enjoy a blue cheeseburger with truffle parmigiana fries. Reservations are definitely recommended for dinner on the weekends.

• Visited April 2013
Bradley, ar
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Great food, the menu changes often so you always have many new choices. Small dining room with an intimate feel. Only drawback is due to its small size it can be overwhelmingly loud.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Tommy T
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
“its good for shreveport”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

its a sorta creative spot but shreveport doesnt support creative spots very well so for the city its good its still a shell of its former self when previous chef owner David Bridges was at the helm Dave has since moved on to The Upperline in New Orleans and the current chef is just ok the owners are nice people and Blake the bartender is great go have some cocktails and food and you will enjoy the experience and lets pray that Shreveport can pull its head out of its butt and appreciate good creative modern fare

Visited February 2012
Fritz Creek, Alaska
“Great Food, Great Service”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We are visiting friends in Shreveport and they brought us here, raving about the Fried Green Tomatoes Appetizer. They were awesome. And as luck would have it, they had Soft Shell Crabs as a special. They were to be prepared deep fried, but I asked if I could have them sauteed. Of Course! And the were fantastic.
Our waiter was very attentive, we lacked for nothing.
The only criticism is that it is very crowded and somewhat noisy, but I am a contributor to that noise and the crowds are probably a good thing.

• Visited October 2012