“Not the best but better then the buffets IMO”

Imperial Cathay Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 510 Restaurants in Shreveport
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have to say it is by NOT the best Chinese food I have had, however, for the area it is pretty good if you are comparing to the others around. I only go for lunch. The portions are generous and lots of options. I enjoy the fried rice and veggie deluxe platter. The soup is nice with the fried crunchies, eggrolls did not impress me much. Our service has been very good each time we go, never waiting to be seated, give our order or for drink refills. The servers are not much in the personality department but they do serve and have done it well on our visits. I do wish they would clean the carpet it is very dirty.

1  Thank ldmsgirl
There are newer reviews for Imperial Cathay Chinese Restaurant

Reviewed September 11, 2012

This place is hands down the BEST Chinese cuisine in the Shreveport area. Always fresh food, friendly serivce and atmosphere is great. I want the sesame chicken just thinking about it right now. Definitely eat here!

1  Thank SouthernBell813
Reviewed June 2, 2012

The food has been fantastic each of the 3 times I have been there. Great atmosphere and professional, friendly service. So nice to not have to fight for a spot in the buffet line, if you know what i mean....

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I am a chinese food lover. I have eaten Chinese food all over the world. Imperial Cathay is my favorite Chinese sit down restaurant. I have had at most of the items on their menu and recommend it all. The fish tanks are just great. I like to sit by them to look at the fish while I eat. Parking is always an issue so if you are going you should carpool or plan to walk from another stores parking lot. For those of you missing Nan Kings this will be you new favorite.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

Imperial Cathay is a regular dining and lunch spot for me. The food is always good quality though it's pretty standard Chinese fare. The servers are always pleasant and it's an attractive restaurant.