“Great Oysters and Catfish”
Review of Oyster Bar

Oyster Bar
Ranked #49 of 510 Restaurants in Shreveport
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 8, 2011

My wife went to this restaurant after a Doctors appointment. My wife had been waiting fried oysters for a while and had been here a couple of years ago and it was good then.
We went at about 3pm and we were it as far as customers. The service was great. When we gave our order to the waiter, Nathan, he made several suggestions that turned out very good. One I will go into. I wanted fried catfish fillets. I was going to order the catfish plate. He suggested a catfish poboy, saying the plate would have a large fillet but the poboy had smaller fillets, plus it was about $4 cheaper. It was perfect, just what I wanted and the fires were homade, cut there at the restaurant. Then at the end when he brought our bill, he asked if we wanted our tea to go. This is big thing with my wife, she has dry mouth and needs something to drink most all the time. Most restaurants will give you a to go cup if you ask for it, but very few ask you if you would like it. Like I said, the service was wonderful.. My wife's Oysters were very good also.
A great trip.

There are newer reviews for Oyster Bar

Reviewed July 9, 2010

We have eaten at Oyster Bar probably 100 times over the years and everytime we go it is consistently very good...The staff is courteous, knowledgeable and friendly..The food is delicious...nothing left to say

1  Thank comill
Reviewed September 1, 2008

We stopped in Sunday night for dinner because we heard this place was pretty good, The dinner started promising when some very good salsa and chips arrived, very good. After that it was a very depressing meal...Gumbo and a tortilla soup, 1st the gumbo is not gumbo but some kind of seafood broth, this was sent back. 2nd the tortilla soup was the same. Appetizers were shrimp chimichangas, the same result lifeless, doughy,shrimp-less mess...we did not finish this. The main dish's were, fish tacos...dry, hamburger...fair at best, skirt steak... pretty good flavor, oyster tacos were utterly flavorless, oysters were flavorless and fried poorly. The service was entirely too slow.
Bottom line: If this restaurant was in New Orleans It would not make it a week in business.
Shawn
NOLA

2  Thank shawnmr2
Reviewed August 27, 2008

I have eaten here a few dozen times, and never been disappointed. The menu is a Mexican / Seafood fare, sort of a Tex Mex version of Oysters, shrimp, etc.

I recommend the Champagne Oysters, which are delicious - grilled on the half shell with champagne, butter, garlic, and parmesian cheese. Also the Crawfish Mardi Gras bread is outstanding.

Always a great meal.

4  Thank JacksonGuy
Reviewed July 25, 2008

When you to the Oyster Bar, grab a hamburger. They are amazing. HUGE with home-made fries for $8.95. Several cheese choices too. Other people around me had seafood items and they all looked great too.

1  Thank DesertWonder