“Traditional LA food, but a little expensive”

Crawdaddy's Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 518 Restaurants in Shreveport
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Crawdaddy's Kitchen is a Cajun restaurant bringing the relaxed "laissez les bons temps rouler" attitude to Shreveport. Let the good times roll!
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We wanted to eat some alligator without having to go out in the swamp at night with our samurai swords and gator calls. So Crawdaddy's was a good option. I'm not sure if gator futures have suffered from the market speculators, but their choice was pretty pricey compared to some of the gator I've eaten up north (where you would expect it to be more expensive).

Still, the food was good and we both enjoyed our meals, so if you're in the mood for some quality southern deep-fried cooking, this is a great place.

CRAWDADDYS, Owner at Crawdaddy's Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

We want to thank you for your great review, and very happy that you enjoyed your food. Yes
you are right Gator can be a little high depending on the season and weather, we are happy
that you enjoyed it. Thanks you and hope to see you again soon! Owner Ollie Bryan

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

On our way back home to Texas and stopped here because of the great reviews I saw.. We got the boudin balls and those were OK, then shared the crawfish supreme since everyone raved about it, it was good but a little overly crawfishy for us but we don't eat crawfish often so it was probably just us. my husband got rice and beans which he enjoyed and my side salad was great. overall we liked it but didn't love it.

Wow, We are so happy that you enjoyed your food and service, and thank you for the great review, we really appreciate it. Hope to see you again soon. Owner, Ollie Bryan

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We visited over a year ago. We were traveling across country to
Cali and were looking for unique experiences along the way. My daughters and I were determined to eat alligator while in LA. The server at Crawdaddy's had my 6 year old believing she caught the alligator we were eating which made the experience all the better. Will I eat alligator again? Probably not but would still eat there for all of the other items we enjoyed.

1  Thank Julie R
CRAWDADDYS, Owner at Crawdaddy's Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

We are so happy that you enjoyed your visit with Crawdaddy's and tried our Gator and other
items, cute story about your 6yr old little girl, glad she a great time! Thank you for the great review and hope to see you again soon. Olliie Bryan Owner

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We had dinner here on the last night of our stay in Louisiana. This place is heaven if you like fried food. We started by sharing a dozen oysters, they were plump and tasty. No fishy smell, they seemed really fresh. I had the chicken and andouille gumbo which had a nice rich flavor. It was a little on the salty side for me, but I don't eat much salt so it coulda just been me. My husband had the crawfish supreme, and loved it. They serve crawfish étouffée over crawfish cornbread. Yum! My husband also indulged in some peach cobbler, said it was almost as good as mine. Yes, he knows exactly the right thing to say. The serving staff could not have been nicer!

Thank you for the great review!! We are very happy that you choose Crawdaddy's to
eat while in Shreveport and that you enjoyed your food and service. We look forward to
seeing you again. Ollie Bryan Owner

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We were craving some fried food and found Crawdaddy's on tripadvisor. It's a worn-out looking older restaurant but the service and food are good. We had the fried green tomatoes appetizer and split a seafood platter, which was quite a bit of food, even for two people. Although nothing stood out as spectacular, we enjoyed everything we ordered and will definitely eat here again. We especially liked the green tomato relish (which my wife is now hooked on!) they served with the meal.

2  Thank Bob P
CRAWDADDYS, Owner at Crawdaddy's Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Thank you for stopping and eating at Crawdaddy's Kitchen, we do appreciate your review.
We are happy that you enjoyed your food and that you will be back to see us again.

Been to Crawdaddy's Kitchen? Share your experiences!