“Really GOOD!!!!”

Crawdaddy's Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 502 Restaurants in Shreveport
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Crawdaddy's Kitchen is a Cajun restaurant bringing the relaxed "laissez les bons temps rouler" attitude to Shreveport. Let the good times roll!
Lindina22
“Really GOOD!!!!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Time for dinner on a road trip; 2 tired grandmas with their 2 adult daughters and 2 yr old grandson nearing Shreveport, tired of fast food...where to eat? I'm a big fan of local non-chain dining, especially in a new city, so we looked online. Thanks Tripadvisor! Once again your reviewers have come through. Entering with a large handful of yucky car trash and the toddler, I was warmly greeted and had 2 employees want to relieve me of the garbage. I just needed a trashcan. Everyone (staff AND other diners) were friendly and helpful. The bartender explained the big margarita glass with the bottom up beer bottle in it (I didn't partake in the beerita), and while we were discussing the menu and what looked good (all of it), the couple behind us gave us their fried green tomatoes (great!) as it's too much for just 2. My daughter and I shared the alligator bites and pistolette appetizers (both were fantastic, as is their home made remoulade sauce). The other grandma had a grilled catfish po-boy (sooo good!), her daughter had the grilled chicken po-boy, and my grandson had the kid menu fried catfish (best I've ever had). Everything was fresh, hot and delicious! I noticed one table had a platter of great looking onion rings, and just about every table had a huge platter of crawfish. We aren't that brave, but the excellent pistolettes were full of generous chunks of crawfish. Prices are very reasonable. The restroom was large and very clean. We had come up 49 headed to I-20, and the restaurant was easy to get to, near the highway. There's a small room with 3 poker machines, too. The kitchen was very accommodating with special requests like the grilled fish po-boy, but they didn't have oil and vinegar dressing (as the waitress said, they don't have anything light) and the salad had that bagged greens tang. Minor points, especially considering just how good everything else was. And I don't think most diners are there for the salad. I'm sorry it's a 3 hour drive, but I'm now looking forward to my next trip to Southeast Louisiana. Crawdaddy's is already on our itinerary! I think I'll try the fried crawfish tails next time.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Lindina22

Birmingham, Alabama
“Excellent! Great food and decent prices.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I actually picked this restaurant because of the reviews on Trip Advisor, and I was not disappointed. The food was excellent and the service was good. I had the alligator bites for an appetizer (around $10 - it's based on market price) and the Crawfish Half and Half (around $15), which consisted of Crawfish Etouffee and fried crawfish tails. It was all very good.
The decor is a mix of coastal seafood restaurants and Hooters, but not in a tacky way. It's more corrugated steel panels and wood with fishing and seafood-related artwork.
I would definitely go back when in town.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Dudley M
CRAWDADDYS, Owner at Crawdaddy's Kitchen, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Sorry that it has taken so long to respond to your review but we have had some computer issues. Thank you for dining with Crawdaddy's and for your kind review.
Louis Cascio
Keithville, Louisiana, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“bad burger”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Was there 10/28/12. Usually have the fish is always the best. But decided to have the burger that day for lunch. It was very dry and no flavor, didn't even eat it all. I guess back to fish.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank bo j
CRAWDADDYS, Owner at Crawdaddy's Kitchen, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
We are so sorry that you had a bad experience with our Hamburger, we usually have great reviews on them, please make sure that you ask for one of the owners next time you decide
to have a hamburger and we will make sure it is just right, thank you for your review and hope to see you again soon, Ollie and Louis
Texas
“Super food & service in the same place - w/o having to dress for it!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is a bar & grill type atmosphere with fine dining food. We started with an alligator appetizer-good stuff! My husband had the jambalaya and fried shrimp. I had the smothered red snapper. Talk about good! Usually you will find that the "meat" is skimped on, or it is not of a good quality. Not here! I had crawfish in every bite of my smothered fish, and the side serving of jambalaya was good enough to eat as an entree'. We each had two beers and still left for $65.00. In a normal bar & grill I would holler about that price, but the food was great and the service was friendly and attentive, but not over-whelming! If you are in Shreveport-believe the reviews and GO!

• Visited October 2012
CRAWDADDYS, Owner at Crawdaddy's Kitchen, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Hi Bluewaterbaby, We are so happy that you enjoyed our food and service, and we really
thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. We hope to see you again soon!!
Crowley, Texas, USA
“Really Great Food”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We were in Shreveport for a family get together and went there for dinner. The food and atmosphere were great we will eat there everytime we go near Shreveport.

• Visited March 2012
CRAWDADDYS, Owner at Crawdaddy's Kitchen, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
We are so pleased that you enjoyed you meal & evening at Crawdaddy's. Tell us what you ordered and liked the beat.

Louis Cascio, Crawdaddy's

Been to Crawdaddy's Kitchen? Share your experiences!