“Can't go wrong”

Ranked #6 of 516 Restaurants in Shreveport
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I generally stick to what I know and frequent Superior in Baton Rouge and New Orleans, I had the Superior burger and it was stacked.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

The Superior is one of the oldies-but-still-goodies of Shreveport. They were the first to introduce fajitas, way back in the day when that was a startling new innovation (and they used to actually serve real skirt steaks, too!). It's a little tired and not as trendy as it used to be, but still worth a visit.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Eating at Superior is a highlight of my trips to the ArklaTex. This place serves the best Mexican food anywhere, but get there early if you don't want to wait!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

There was a long wait, but it was worth it. The food and the atmosphere were excellent! The live band performed a really good variety of music and there were actually good. We plan on eating here again.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The food was very good and the service was outstanding since we were a large group (25+). We were in the room with the "live" band and I mean live. They played so loud you couldn't hear the person next to you. Since the food was so good it made it a good meal but the music was very disconcerting. I do not understand why the resaurant industry continues to have the music so loud. I much prefer to visit with my dinner companiions than be so uncomfortable with the noise that it takes hours for my hearing to be restored.