“I won't be back” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
Muncie, Indiana
“I won't be back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

When I opened the door and flipped the light switch, nothing happened. I could see a faint glow from the bathroom, so I made my way there to turn on that light. The glow was coming from a ventilation register on the wall which was partly covered by the mirror. I wondered why there would be light coming from there so I stood on my toes and could see the ceiling of another room.

After turning on the bathroom light, I took the chair into the bathrrom to look through that register and could see right into someone else's bathroom. There was a pile of ceramic tiles on the floor under the sink and a hole in the wall about the size of a shoebox lid.

Most of the grout between the floor tiles in the bathroom was mildewed, and the tub was stained to a depth of about 3", which was just about how deep the water gets while showering. The toilet seat wouldn't go all the way up because of a shelf over the tank. If sitting on the toilet, the lid rests against your back. Standing in front of it you have you hold the lid up.

I checked every outlet in the room and none responded to the switch by the door. The room was hot and stuffy as it had been closed up all day. The AC would chug along for about 30 minutes and then shut off for about 40. It did that all night and took all night to cool the room. The carpet in front of the bathroom door was soaked, which I discovered in my sock feet.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank BicPentameter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2008

If I had one word to describe this hotel it would be DUMP. They should change its name from the Plantation inn to the Roach Motel. The room was infested with roaches. It was filthy and it stunk. There were holes in the wall. The "comforter" - (what they would call one) had blood stains on it. The carpet was filthy. There was no water pressure in the sink. The box spring on the bed was busted and it was the worst bed I have ever slept in. When taking a shower, you had your choice of a hot or cold shower, not warm. I would not reccomend this motel to anyone. Every hotel and motel in Bossier City and Shreveport was booked. I should have known when I called and they still had 3 rooms available.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — The Filth
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank GoMavsGo
jackson,ms
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2007

I visit Shreveport pretty regularly and everytime I stay at the Plantation.Not only because I have gotten used to it but in this day and age even though I work 6-7 days a week I do not have $200+ to spend on a hotel room for one night! So my recommendation is bring your own sheets and blanket and be thankful that with gas prices as high as they are you only had to spend $35 for a average hotel.

i

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — The neighborhood could have been a little more appealing.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2007

Worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Do no recommend staying there. The sheets were nasty, bed linens were not even changed. Pubic hair everywhere! Nasty! I could not sleep all night long. Beds had a bad case of bed bugs, I was itching all night long. Manager was not accomodating and would not give refund. I will be contacing the health department.
Would have been more comfortable staying inside my car.

NOt even a star. Negative 100%

V

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — bed bugs
  • Tips/Secrets — yes dont stay there even if they pay you
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
4 Thank vics07
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2006

We arrived to find a dirty hotel! The ceiling tiles had severe water damage, the floor and tables had dirt and trash on them, and the location of the hotel was not in a great neighborhood. The parking lot was small and some parts were under construcion, leaving very little room to park. We ended up not staying there because of the condition of the hotel. We did not talk to the staff as to offer a complaint, because there was nothing to be done to immediately fix the problems we saw.

• Stayed June 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2005

I just wanted to let people Know that the Plantation Inn Of Shreveport is a great place to stop and lay youre head. great price and frendly people .nice restaurant ,and a great little lounge. far enough away from downtown but clase enough to be there in minnets. great access to major highways and the airport.

P.S.
If you go to the lounge tell Jerrie behind the bar Bobby Jerden said HI.

• Stayed July 2005