All reviewsshreveport airportroom was cleanwafflesgreat place to staybreakfast areaconvenient locationsouthern hospitalitynice staystaff was friendlyhot breakfastwaffle housefront desk staffstayed one nighteasy accessbusiness tripfitness centerinns
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The hotel location was excellent for my arrival at the airport and the location of the of the Classic Football Game I attended. The staff personell were very helpful and friendly which also made my stay enjoyable and comfortable. The price for the accomondations was the icing on the cake. If I were to return to this area there is no doubt I would stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank TapDaddy
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We arrived tired and ready to relax but without reservations on a Saturday evening. The front desk clerk quickly got us a room at the best rate possible then kindly suggested a seafood restaurant were we could order take out. Upon arrival in our room, we were greeted with typical Hampton Inn coziness and cleanliness as well as a bottle of water and a bag of Cheeze-It's which thrilled our daughter. The bed and pillows were super comfy, and the hot breakfast was the perfect start to our day. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Edward L
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This hotel is nicely decorated and looks, feels and smells brand new. Staff was nice and check in was a breeze. Parking is free. It is very close to the airport. I did not use the shuttle, since we had a car. Breakfast was scrambled eggs, waffles, pastries and cereal with some fresh cut fruit. OK to get you full but if I was there for more than one day maybe I would get tired of it.

The hotel served its purpose, as I was staying there in preparation for a flight leaving the next day. Did not hear any planes or have any problems. I have stayed her twice and it is consistently good.

As with all Hampton Inns, there is no restaurant. The area is an airport area and there is not much food within walking distance. There is a dairy that abuts this, but not the stinky kind with cows, just a processing plant of sorts. Kinds of funny as I didn't notice until the second day. Lots of gas stations nearby too if you have to gas up before returning your rental car.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank SunnyDTraveler
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I've come to expect good service at a reasonable price from Hampton and this Hampton was on target. The staff was for the most part friendly and accommodating. The room was bright and clean. Everything worked in the room except of the TV remote (no big deal).

The two nights I was there they had a manager's reception at 5-7. Both nights I was tired and did not feel like going out (there is no much right around the hotel in terms of restaurant options) and I was able to make a meal out of the heavy hors d'oeuvres kinds of refreshments they had. The served beer and wine as well which was very nice after a long day. I think they do this manager's reception thing just on week nights, but I'm not sure.

Breakfast was good - reasonable selection of the healthy and not so healthy kinds of breakfast foods we all like. The lady overseeing breakfast area was very cheery and helpful. Used the workout area once - small but had some nice machines but no free weights. There is a small business area with two computers next to the lobby which was helpful to me. WiFi worked great and of course was free.

The hotel is right next to the airport and I expected lots of loud traffic and airplane noises, but while in the hotel I heard nothing. Slept very well - beds are very comfortable.

One of these days I suppose I will come across a bad Hampton, but it has not happened so far and once again the Shreveport Airport Hampton was just what I wanted. I know I could have stayed in one of the fancier hotels downtown, but why waste the money? And I could have stayed at something cheaper around the area, but there is just too much variability with the hotels below the Hampton price range. My advice is to pay just a little more and get the reliability of a Hampton.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Andrew_TX88
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed at the Shreveport Hampton Inn for one night on our way through. The location is inconvient for good restaurants in Shreveport. The hotel was consistent for Hampton Inn with good service and very clean rooms.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple