“Great Airport hotel”

Hampton Inn Shreveport Airport
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This hotel is nicely decorated and looks, feels and smells brand new. Staff was nice and check in was a breeze. Parking is free. It is very close to the airport. I did not use the shuttle, since we had a car. Breakfast was scrambled eggs, waffles, pastries and cereal with some fresh cut fruit. OK to get you full but if I was there for more than one day maybe I would get tired of it.

The hotel served its purpose, as I was staying there in preparation for a flight leaving the next day. Did not hear any planes or have any problems. I have stayed her twice and it is consistently good.

As with all Hampton Inns, there is no restaurant. The area is an airport area and there is not much food within walking distance. There is a dairy that abuts this, but not the stinky kind with cows, just a processing plant of sorts. Kinds of funny as I didn't notice until the second day. Lots of gas stations nearby too if you have to gas up before returning your rental car.

2  Thank SunnyDTraveler
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Shreveport Airport

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I've come to expect good service at a reasonable price from Hampton and this Hampton was on target. The staff was for the most part friendly and accommodating. The room was bright and clean. Everything worked in the room except of the TV remote (no big deal).

The two nights I was there they had a manager's reception at 5-7. Both nights I was tired and did not feel like going out (there is no much right around the hotel in terms of restaurant options) and I was able to make a meal out of the heavy hors d'oeuvres kinds of refreshments they had. The served beer and wine as well which was very nice after a long day. I think they do this manager's reception thing just on week nights, but I'm not sure.

Breakfast was good - reasonable selection of the healthy and not so healthy kinds of breakfast foods we all like. The lady overseeing breakfast area was very cheery and helpful. Used the workout area once - small but had some nice machines but no free weights. There is a small business area with two computers next to the lobby which was helpful to me. WiFi worked great and of course was free.

The hotel is right next to the airport and I expected lots of loud traffic and airplane noises, but while in the hotel I heard nothing. Slept very well - beds are very comfortable.

One of these days I suppose I will come across a bad Hampton, but it has not happened so far and once again the Shreveport Airport Hampton was just what I wanted. I know I could have stayed in one of the fancier hotels downtown, but why waste the money? And I could have stayed at something cheaper around the area, but there is just too much variability with the hotels below the Hampton price range. My advice is to pay just a little more and get the reliability of a Hampton.

2  Thank Andrew_TX88
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed at the Shreveport Hampton Inn for one night on our way through. The location is inconvient for good restaurants in Shreveport. The hotel was consistent for Hampton Inn with good service and very clean rooms.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Probably the nicest Hampton Inn I've stayed in. Brand new (at least on inside, no idea if brand new, or just recently redone). Really a nice place and friendly staff. Rooms are very modern and stylish (for this class of hotel).

1  Thank seminole_kev
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We went to Shreveport over the Labor Day weekend for my granddaughter's soccer tournament and we stayed at this hotel with our whole family. The other soccer families were there too! The rooms were clean and neat, the beds were freshly done including the covers. The staff were very helpful, breakfast was excellent with a good selection for all the different age group, ( we had four children from 2-10), and a great grandparent. This will be an annual trip we will be taking with the soccer teams and will gladly stay at this location.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fourth floor and was very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank masami f
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Quick access to airport as it is a 2 minute drive away. Not a busy airport so never heard noise from planes at all. Great access to the interstate. Gas stations nearby and also decent choices of restaurants nearby. If you are flying, a great choice.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Saskproud
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Very impressed with this hotel. I love the decor and it was very clean with friendly service. And the complimentry breakfast was great! I would definantly stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family