“Just what I was looking for”

Hampton Inn Shreveport Airport
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Houston, TX
“Just what I was looking for”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I've come to expect good service at a reasonable price from Hampton and this Hampton was on target. The staff was for the most part friendly and accommodating. The room was bright and clean. Everything worked in the room except of the TV remote (no big deal).

The two nights I was there they had a manager's reception at 5-7. Both nights I was tired and did not feel like going out (there is no much right around the hotel in terms of restaurant options) and I was able to make a meal out of the heavy hors d'oeuvres kinds of refreshments they had. The served beer and wine as well which was very nice after a long day. I think they do this manager's reception thing just on week nights, but I'm not sure.

Breakfast was good - reasonable selection of the healthy and not so healthy kinds of breakfast foods we all like. The lady overseeing breakfast area was very cheery and helpful. Used the workout area once - small but had some nice machines but no free weights. There is a small business area with two computers next to the lobby which was helpful to me. WiFi worked great and of course was free.

The hotel is right next to the airport and I expected lots of loud traffic and airplane noises, but while in the hotel I heard nothing. Slept very well - beds are very comfortable.

One of these days I suppose I will come across a bad Hampton, but it has not happened so far and once again the Shreveport Airport Hampton was just what I wanted. I know I could have stayed in one of the fancier hotels downtown, but why waste the money? And I could have stayed at something cheaper around the area, but there is just too much variability with the hotels below the Hampton price range. My advice is to pay just a little more and get the reliability of a Hampton.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Andrew_TX88

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Crane Hill, Alabama
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed at the Shreveport Hampton Inn for one night on our way through. The location is inconvient for good restaurants in Shreveport. The hotel was consistent for Hampton Inn with good service and very clean rooms.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, FL
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Probably the nicest Hampton Inn I've stayed in. Brand new (at least on inside, no idea if brand new, or just recently redone). Really a nice place and friendly staff. Rooms are very modern and stylish (for this class of hotel).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank seminole_kev
Benton
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We went to Shreveport over the Labor Day weekend for my granddaughter's soccer tournament and we stayed at this hotel with our whole family. The other soccer families were there too! The rooms were clean and neat, the beds were freshly done including the covers. The staff were very helpful, breakfast was excellent with a good selection for all the different age group, ( we had four children from 2-10), and a great grandparent. This will be an annual trip we will be taking with the soccer teams and will gladly stay at this location.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fourth floor and was very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank masami f
Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Quick access to airport as it is a 2 minute drive away. Not a busy airport so never heard noise from planes at all. Great access to the interstate. Gas stations nearby and also decent choices of restaurants nearby. If you are flying, a great choice.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Saskproud
Baytown, Texas
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Very impressed with this hotel. I love the decor and it was very clean with friendly service. And the complimentry breakfast was great! I would definantly stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank eppingerkm
Big Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I stayed here almost 5 years ago and had a very good stay. This is one of those Hampton properties that consistently delivers. They have a happy hour reception, standard HI breakfast, and clean comfortable rooms. Can't beat the location if you are going to the airport...you could actually walk. The only downside is there isn't much around the property. You need to drive a few miles to the east to a decent restaurant. Still, this is the only place I would stay in Shreveport.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jonathan F
shvla5226, General Manager at Hampton Inn Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind words. I will share your compliment with our team. To make sure every guest is well care for, feel welcomed, valued and appreciated is our purpose. Many of our team members have been with us since we opened, They know our regulars like family and we are so glad to have you back to stay with us at your "home away from home." Thank you.
Your fresh super clean Hampton room and the comfy cloud 9 bed awaits always,