“Very Pleased :)”

Hampton Inn Shreveport Airport
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I work in Tourism but I didn't give the hotel a clue about my job as I was on a personal trip this past weekend. Since I was traveling alone, I wanted a safe, clean & updated hotel. From the moment I walked in the door, the staff met all my needs. I felt so comfortable there that I decided to go to my Mom's house & bring my elderly 92-year old Mother back to spend the night at the hotel with me. This was a special treat for her as she is wheelchair & housebound but the room was spacious and the bed comfortable & large. I knew she would enjoy the experience and feel pampered! Every person at the hotel was welcoming, friendly and eager to help, including the front desk attendants, breakfast hostess, cleaning personnel, & shuttle driver. We will be back and am happy to give a 5 star review :) Thanks, Hampton Inn Shreveport!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank SouthernAlways

Reviewed September 23, 2011

Very nice Hampton close to the Shreveport airport but only 20 minutes from downtown. Rooms were clean and service was good. Only problem I had was 100 kids going to a soccer tournament. Very loud and the staff had to quiet them down a few times.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Had meeting near Shreveport so chose Hampton at airport for several reasons. First, they are literally across the street from the airport. I got a rental car for my meeting so I returned it that same day, Hampton picked me up from rental office at airport and took to my airpory next morning (shuttle runs 24 hour pretty much on demand).

Room was ready when promised. Typical Hampton set up. Hotel looks like it hasn't been renovated in a while but everything was clean and well kept. Bed was comfortable. Free internet and good size tv. Breakfast was better than expected. Not the frozen stuff, the eggs looked home made. Staff was very nice and accommodating.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank srk3465
Reviewed August 28, 2011

My husband and I returned again yesterday.....check-in very smooth....we were in a king bed study .... very spacious room.

Gayla checked us in -- very friendly and upbeat.

Bed was wonderful -- they do need better pillows though.....

Probably the best shower pressure we have had in a really long time -- and very hot water too.

Wish that all Hampton Inns were this nice.

Never heard anything and we were right next door to the airport!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gailhouston
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Quick & easy checkin process. Both Norm & Kanalia were most helpful, polite, and friendly. Kanalia was especially attentive to our needs.

Room Tip: Happy to offer AARP discount.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Greenfrogtrike
Reviewed July 2, 2011

My wife and I were traveling from Dallas to Florida and Shreveport seemed like a good place to stop in the middle. Hampton Inns are usually well kept, clean and worth paying a little extra for--NOT this one!

This hotel was right next to the Interstate and seemed to be in a good location, where the Interstate turns south toward New Orleans--WRONG! There was absolutely no security at night and this is not a particularly good neighborhood--in fact it seemed like a lot of the people staying here were rather unsavory in their activities.

This hotel was not very well kept--the desk clerk was usually unavailable, standing out in front of the hotel smoking a cigarette. The breakfast in the morning was below-par. None of the food was attractively displayed and of low quality. To add injury to insult, the person taking care of the breakfast bar just stood in a corner and talked to her friends/or other hotel employees.

We left this hotel in a hurry and went elsewhere to have breakfast, we travel this way often, but would NEVER return to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Manager's reception in the early evening (2 hot food selections; fresh fruit platter; fresh veggie platter; munchies like chips, pretzels, nachos; and beer, wine or soda), nice breakfast in the morning (with 3 hot items), comfortable & clean rooms and bathrooms, friendly staff. What a terrific stay after a long day on the road! Will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family