“Best Japanese in NW LA”

Hana Steak Seafood & Sushi
Ranked #339 of 532 Restaurants in Shreveport
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Absolutely love Hana in Shreveport, LA. The food is fresh and well prepared. Every visit I have had excellent service, fast and attentive. Have not ate at the hibachi yet but if it is anything like the last 3 times that I have dine in the dining room I can't wait. The salmon is extremely fresh and was some of the best that I've had anywhere. My daughter who spent 3 years in Japan said the Gyoza was as good as she had in Japan. This last visit we got Salmon Sashimi , Shrimp Tempura Roll, California Roll and a Dragon Roll (which was to die for). It was all brought out in such a beautiful presentation we almost didn't want to eat anything it was so pretty.

1  Thank sleepeone

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I didnt care for this place my friend and I went there on a short trip to shreveport with a friend of his that lives there. I was told this place was really good but I didnt like the taste of the food very much and I usually like Japanese food. The service was not that great either. I kept on looking for our waitress for a refill. However I was the odd man out with this opinion which is why I rated them average and not poor.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

When I get back home to Shreveport for a short visit my job in Rome allows me to have, I have to put some slick moves on my gourmet cooking brothers and sisters to find an evening free to take our Japanese mother out to a restaurant that would take her back to Japan. Hana has two dining rooms, depending on your culinary mood. Customers can sit around a traditional cooking grill for fine dining or you can sit in a more relaxing beer hall decorated with banners and polished dark wood. The seating hostess and our waiter treated us as if we were the only people inside the packed restaurant. The sushi was fresh and the tempura was fried to perfection - not at all greasy. The beef and salmon terriyaki were cooked to perfection. The assorted rolls, a splash of color, remained tight even when dunked in soya sauce and wasbi. The price of the meal was so low that I had to ask the seating hostess recalculate the bill. But the evening's most beautiful moment came when my mother thanked me for taking her back to Japan for the evening.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

After being underwhelmed with the hibachi and sushi choices in Shreveport, Hana has certainly been a breath of fresh air! My husband and I discovered this place about a month ago and have been there at least once a week since then. Great atmosphere, staff, and food! In our opinion, this is the best hibachi and sushi in Shreveport. The hibachi chefs were more entertaining than other restaurants I've been to and very friendly. We've done hibachi and the normal restaurant menu each a few times and have never been let down. The Jalapeno Roll is tough to beat...instead of rice, they stuff cream cheese and crab into a fresh jalapeno and lightly fry it...unbelievably good! It's also VERY reasonably priced!! AND to top it off, they have 2 for 1 beers...ALL beers, bottles and draft, domestic and imports! Not sure on the rules of this happy hour, but this special has been available every time we've gone so far. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Kdmayer
Reviewed March 31, 2012

First visit to a relatively new restaurant. Varied menu of Sushi, grilled and fusion items offers something for everyone. Our yellowtail appetizer was good, I had the smoked duck fettucini which was excellent. My companion enjoyed her mixed seafood grill. It wasn't crowded so the wait staff wasn't taxed, I found the service acceptable.