“Lots of food for the price!”

Sam's Southern Eatery
Ranked #44 of 495 Restaurants in Shreveport
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Savannah, Georgia
“Lots of food for the price!”
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Traveling on a business trip, Shreveport was a stop along our route. We checked into our hotel then went out in search of dinner. Steering clear of the regular fast food chains, we found this place and decided to give it a try. I had the 8pc jumbo shrimp with fries and green beans. I could not eat all of the shrimp! When they say jumbo they mean JUMBO! One shrimp was the size of the palm of my hand! My coworker had fish, shrimp and wings. The wings were also huge! Our bill was $30 for both of us and we left ALOT of food on our plates. Just couldn't eat it all. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Come HUNGRY”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

WOW, WOW, WOW... This place gives you so much food for your money. AND it is very GOOD FOOD. The Shrimp are huge and so good. We shared a plate of shrimp and fish and we could not eat it all. The staff are very attentive and always checking on you. Very reasonably priced, 2 people can eat for less than 15.00 and have food left over...

Visited July 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“Cold Food”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Ate there while traveling through Shreveport. The fish was mediocre and the sides were cold. When we complained the waitress apologized and told us the owner was having a midlife crisis and left them in charge of this craziness. Will not be back.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dubach, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sam's in Greenwood is awesome!”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Sam's southern eatery in Greenwood have some of the food I have ever had! My server Ribby was the best! Thanks Ribby!!

1 Thank DaltonHenry
Bossier City, Louisiana
“Just can't do it”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Criticize me all you want but, although the food is fair at best, it's a restaurant claiming to serve American food but most of the food is imported and it's owned by Arabs. Somewhere in there I just can't "cast my pearls before swine" by giving my hard earned American dollars to someone that imports their American food and sends half my American dollars back home to their mother country. Sorry. I'm just too patriotic.

7 Thank Scottdbaby