“Great place for any meal!”

Sam's Southern Eatery
Ranked #33 of 509 Restaurants in Shreveport
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Great food! Great prices. A fantastic staff to offer great service's. The foods so good it's the satisfaction your tummy will fill when you leave. Orders alway get extras. You really have a enjoyable time here. One if the best stops when your hunger happens.

There are newer reviews for Sam's Southern Eatery

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Catfish cooked extra crispy, okra, and jalapeño Mac and cheese poppers all delicious! Seasoned perfectly and VERY generous portions! Very clean restaurant with nice staff.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

WOW!! Lots of food for the price! Sooooo yummy! Had a really good waitress...never needed anything! Will definitely eat there again! Family friendly! LOVE the fish & shrimp!!!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We're staying nearby and checked out the Trip Advisor reports. Frankly, if we weren't traveling, this would be two meals (at least) of food for the price of one. We had the pepper mac 'n cheese poppers - amazing. Then I had the crab cakes and my husband had the grilled fish po boy sandwich. The menu said three crab cakes and there were, instead, four. I could only eat two because they're rich. Yes, there was an extra fish filet on my husband's plate, too. I guess the cook can't count, but that's not a bad thing, if you have a big appetite. My sides were terrific, too - mac 'n cheese and cole slaw. The mac 'n cheese had a bit of a crust on it which I love, and the slaw was crisp and not just overly sweet and mayonnaisey. He said the fries were as good as he's ever had and I had to agree - very crispy on the outside and almost melt-in-your-mouth with the potato.

Like I said, I could only eat about half of my food and I felt bad leaving it - I asked if they donate to a food bank but they said they didn't. Might be something to think about, although I know many people are locals who just take home the extras. I'm suspecting almost everybody has extras!

1  Thank Laura T
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We visited the Greenwood Drive restaurant and left with as much food as we had already eaten. We ordered jalapeno mac n cheese bites (just get them). Then my husband and I each ordered the pick 3 (fish,chicken strips, shrimp) with 2 sides. Let me just say you can eat on this for 2 days. Pick 3 came out as 4-5 each, and no small portions either. The shrimp are the size of gigantic tiger shrimp. We could only eat most of the sides and one of each meat, the waitress smiled and brought out to-go boxes. This 2 day food supply with drinks and appetizer for 2 was $35.

1  Thank SRN