“Top Notch Eats”

Sam's Southern Eatery
Ranked #20 of 528 Restaurants in Shreveport
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This restaurant has a problem with basic math, I ordered 3 shrimp, 3 oysters and 3 fish. I got 6 shrimp, 6 oysters and 5 fish. All on a huge bed of fries and a side of coleslaw. And these are large or maybe even humongous. Both my wife and together ate until we were stuffed and we had to send some to the trash bid. Wow!

1  Thank BlackHawkDon

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

You definitely get your money's worth. Alot of food for a small value. The food was excellent an served very quickly.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Just a warning: come hungry, and bring company. Not only is the food great, the service awesome, and the tea just the right southern sweetness, the servings are very generous. Go ahead and order one plate for two, maybe even three people.

Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

This reastutant is a hidden jewel... I am soooo pleased with the food the service and the atmosphere. There was so much food... OMG... So much FOOD I definitley had enough for a second meal to take in the Togo box...I believe our servers name was Paulina... She was awesome... She made us feel like we were at home about to eat at at good ole southern FISH FRY... I'm so glad that I found out about this place and I will be sure to pass this on to anyone I know visiting the area on business or pleasure... A hearty thanks to the staff there for the great food and service.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Po boys were huge and good. Chicken wings were huge. Overlook the appearance and get some good Southern comfort food.