“Perfect for us with easy access from I20”
Review of Motel 6 Shreveport

Motel 6 Shreveport
Ranked #30 of 38 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We were looking to stay 1 night along I20 in Shreveport on our way from Tulsa to New Orleans. Howard Johnson Shreveport was the perfect choice for us. It is located just off the highway and close to restaurants and the required Wal-Mart, we always need one more thing from Wal-Mart!
The room was quiet and clean. The A/C blew COLD air and didn't make extra rattling noises sometimes found in hotels! We spent an hour or so by the pool with the kids before retiring for the night. The pool deck and pool itself was clean. The fitness center is an outer building next to the pool and only had 1 treadmill and 1 exercise bike that I saw. The continental breakfast was average, having the expected options of waffles, cereal, muffins, bagels, juice, coffee, etc.

We would stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms are interior access.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I called the hotel to make a reservation on the afternoon of our arrival which is my only complaint about my stay. I called the hotel direct but was switched to a call center and the person on the other end was VERY hard to understand. We finally made it through the reservation process (and through all of the up-sale tactics and I receive an email confirmation with everything as I wanted it.

The front desk clerk was friendly and found us a room on the lower level as requested. The temp was on way cool when we got there which was refreshing as you usually have to wait half the night for a room to cool down to something tolerable. The room and bathroom were clean and the bedding was great.

If we ever find ourselves in Shreveport again, this is where we will likely stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
1  Thank Steven B
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Lesley Myers, General Manager, greeted my husband and me with great hospitality, efficiency and charm. A delightful, and immediate welcome. Spacious, well appointed, spotlessly clean, a
very comfortable and peaceful bedroom, with all the 'extras' one might hope for, and very reasonably priced. A hotel in America which doesn't 'hike up' the cost at weekends. A computer was placed in the lobby so that I could check emails from England. Always appreciated. Lovely land- scaped gardens with spacious car-park. Near to restaurants. A lovely breakfast was served in an attractive dining room. We only had the time to stay one night, Tuesday 20th May, but this is one hotel I'd have been happy to stay for much longer. Lovely memories remain!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank mary y
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I enjoyed my stay here. I was guest last year and chose the hotel again. I actually routed this stay better. The ladies were very nice and and full of personality. I will be back this month and I will be staying again... #iamVETTE

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This hotel was a one-night stopover. The price was pretty good (booked online). The room was pretty small but appeared clean. Our key wouldn't work but since we had an adjoining room, we managed. Could have been a problem for someone else. The hotel was easy to get to - right off the highway. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family