“Decent breakfast”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 7, 2013

It's ok. The omelettes are generally well done, but I just can't get over the little frozen potatoes they serve. Is it really that difficult to use fresh potatoes? Roadside diners all over the country do it, why can't a restaurant that wants to charge premium breakfast prices do it?

There are newer reviews for Another Broken Egg Cafe

Reviewed July 20, 2013

This place is delicious! I order something new every time my family goes & it's always incredible! The staff is also friendly. Great place to dine.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Visited Another Broken Egg Cafe Sunday morning before we left Shreveport to head home. We were prepared to wait in line and prepared to wait on our food - decided to give it a shot based on Trip Advisor Reviews.

The wait was only about 5 minutes to get a table which was great - the restaurant is really pretty - loved the decor and the glazed cement floors. Restaurant was very clean and the tables had a very pretty coppery looking finish - hard to explain but very cool.

The wait for our food was long - much longer than we anticipated. There was no apology for the wait - it wasn't even acknowledged. The wait would have been okay if the food had been awesome, but....not so much.

Actually the food was okay. My husband got the Mardi Gras omelette and liked it. I got the the special which was a sausage and spinach quiche. My food was cold. (sure as heck wasn't sending it back though - I was starving) The quiche had so much oregano on the top I could only eat half of it - gave it a good try, but it was just overwhelming. The potatoes were okay (cold), grits were fine and the fresh fruit was really good. Had to wait for the ticket also - finally flagged down another waitress to ask her to take our money - wanted a couple of their mugs which were pretty cute, but decided it would probably take too long and skipped it.

(In defense of the restaurant they were extremely busy - no one waiting in line, but just about every table was full)

Overall this place was just okay. Nothing special - definitely not worth waiting 50 minutes to get our food and another 15 or so to get our ticket when we were done. Will try somewhere else next time.

1  Thank Cyndi R
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Completely enjoyed the dining experience. No excessive wait time, even though the restaurant was max capacity. The food was delightful in a whimsical environment with excellent, knowledgeable staff. Everybody from the hostess to the bus boy was kind and courteous!

We need this restaurant in New Orleans, with a New Orleans style menu!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was our first visit to Another Broken Egg restaurant. Pleasantly surprised with the food and service. My wife order a waffle which was good but a little pricey for a plain waffle. I ordered the standard bacon and eggs which was very good. The coffee was good with the restaurant's décor. Overall a very enjoyable breakfast for us.