“Absolutely delicious”

Newk's Express Cafe
Ranked #87 of 518 Restaurants in Shreveport
Cuisines: Pizza, Soups
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Their range of food choices is what sold me. Great soup selections and love the toasted sandwiches. Really like the "Roundtable" where you can add items such as capers, parmesean cheese, garlic cloves to your meals. Prices are reasonable and portions are large. Have to try the crab soup, it is so yummy.

1  Thank dejimita

Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I hate this newks. My mom seems to love it I have no idea why, I guess she doesn't know what good food is. I don't reccomend this place. Try a subway it might be better than this place.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Had lunch there on a Saturday about 12:45 and there was no ice in any machine, no one was cleaning tables and there was no where to sit.

We cleaned off a table for ouselves, and took a seat sipping warm water and then we waited......and waited......and waited some more. On two occassions a server with a poor attitude and look of confusion attempted to bring us food that was not ours.....and we waited some more.

Not my usual Newks experience and not a manager in sight. :(

2  Thank John W
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This restaurant was a pleasant surprise in Shreveport, LA. I had a shrimp po-boy sandwich--it was delicious. The owner even gave our table of 6 a free pizza, with sweet peppers, chicken and goat cheese. It was awesome.

HIghly recommended for lunch.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Food was great! Hot and fresh. Employees were friendly and helpful. Atmosphere was nice and the restaurant was clean.