“good food, service lacking”

Becca's Steak and Seafood
Ranked #325 of 510 Restaurants in Shreveport
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This place was recommended by the nearby hotel that I was staying at; it's located inset within a local strip center and can easily be missed (won't see it from the street). I ordered their redfish and crabmeat. This turned out to be a nice-sized filet of redfish - well prepared and tender. The crabmeat was also cajun flavorful.

Unfortunately the service was lacking on this Thursday evening - with not many diners even. I waited over 10 minutes to get my check, then was brought the check with no pen, then was brought a pen that didn't work, and then waited another 3 minutes for them to find a pen that worked so that I could sign the credit card receipt!

Could definitely tell that this is a favorite for locals though.

There are newer reviews for Becca's Steak and Seafood

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We were directed to Becca's by the attendant at our nearby hotel when we told her we were looking for a place where we could have a glass of wine with dinner. It was a couple of miles away, but we decided to try it instead of eating at one of the usual restaurant chains located along the interstate. When we arrived and found it in an otherwise deserted strip shopping center we were a bit skeptical, but we trusted our hotel clerk and we were so glad we did! We enjoyed the casual, rustic "fish camp" decor and thoroughly enjoyed a delicious dinner. We had the gumbo and the crawfish and oyster po' boy sandwiches. But, Becca's also has seafood and steaks on the menu and it all looked good! We finished our meal with some delicious bread pudding. If we are ever in Shreveport I am sure we'll try Becca's again!

1  Thank Ken S
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We ate here on the way home from Sams town, I had my doubts when we walked in but the food was excellent. I loved that the sea food plate I ordered had a little of everything (oysters,shrimp,fish,hushpuppys,rice,fries,stuffed shrimp,stuffed crab. Our waiter was really nice and helpful. This place had a great atmosphere and cant wait to go back next time were in shreveport.

1  Thank mnd85871
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The location and exterior is nothing special, it is in an older strip mall. The staff was very helpful and attentive. The food was a delight. We wanted authentic Cajun and Creole and we got it! Tried the 'gater bites' and they were great. Yes, tasted like super tender and moist chicken, we laughed. But they were excellent, apparently come from the gater tail! We had the combo plate which included beans and gumbo (excellent) and catfish, shrimp (excellent) and more. All was wonderful. Saw a great looking steak at the next table, too! Definitely worth going here.

1  Thank Andrew P
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

I have tried several items on the menue And they have all been very good. The gumbo is very spicy and tasty. The redfish was excellent. The service is always friendly and attentive.

1  Thank bortas