“Pleasantly surprised.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Shreveport-South
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed November 25, 2011

We've stayed in several hotels on our trip this week and have been disappointed with several of our accommodations. We stayed at a Doubletree in Florida that was a disgusting, filthy mess. So needless to say, with Shreveport being our last stop on our way back to Texas, we were tired and not very optimistic.

We checked in tonight and the staff was very friendly...even chatting with our 4 & 5 yr old girls. We got up to the room and we were shocked. The room was FANTASTIC!! It's very clean, new and modern. It's a few miles from I-20 but worth the drive. Lots of shopping centers in the area, restaurants, and a movie theater across the way. We couldn't have been happier with our choice.

• Stayed: November 2011

Reviewed November 24, 2011

Everything in this hotel is so clean and new. Its nicely appointed. The wireless is free and fast. The bed is comfortable. And the extra living room/bathroom in the suite is helpful when you have kids. But the real surprise in this suite is the master bathroom. It is HUGE. Big shower, but a jacuzzi tub, brand new. Its really nice. Helpful staff too. And the breakfast buffet is very edible. Two slight improvements they should make: The TV channels are tough to navigate because its DIRECTV but controlled by the Samsung remote. Its just a shortcut they took that isn't perfect. And 2nd - no Pay Per View movies. I don't understand why any hotel would have them at this point in the ease of using digital technology.

Room Tip: Pay the extra to get the King Suite
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Met 6 other couples at Hampton Inn South for a mini-reunion ~ plenty of space for visiting in the lobby and natatorium. H.I.S. is a new hotel ~ very clean and well appointed furnishings, friendly and helpful staff, numerous restaurants nearby... overall a great hotel. We plan on meeting there again in a few months.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank papasponies
Reviewed September 29, 2011

We stayed one night here to visit with family. The hotel is fairly new and very clean. The decor is fresh with a modern look and feel. The King Suite with accessible bathroom is quite large and worked very well for us. Two minor complaints, the shower drain did not work well. A lot of water flowed into the overflow drain in the main bathroom. Also, they have a lot of the eating area configured for people to sit on bar stools. This doesn't work very well for someone in a wheelchair.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank gsealey
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Great place to stay. I was here for business for 4 nights and was very pleased. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the beds were comfortable for a good nights sleep, the hot breakfast was very nice, the staff was helpful and friendly. This is one that I will add to my list of places to stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Located near many restaurants, shopping areas and LSUS, hotel appears to be fairly new. Extremely clean, very comfortable. The "welcome reception" was a pleasant surprise, as they had fresh raw vegetables in addition to the standard chips and salsa with other salty/sweet snacks. Breakfast was really good here too. I feel confident this will be my number one choice for a hotel in Shreveport in the future.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I was traveling through shreveport on my way to Texas. The hotel itself is in a nice location and room was clean. I would've rated my overall stay a 5, however the staff leaves alot to be desired. The problem started when I left my wallet in the dresser drawer minus my atm checkcard and went to the restaurant a couple buildings over. When I got my apparently my wallet grew legs and walked off. I reported it to the manager on duty Michelle whose attitude to say the least was nonchalant. She was under the impression I was lying. A police report has been filed, however I'm sure the culprit has tossed the spent the few dollars in there. They need to put safes in the room, until then take belongings whenever you leave the room.

• Stayed: September 2011