“Nice hotel. Very nice King Suite”

Hampton Inn & Suites Shreveport-South
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Marietta, Georgia
“Nice hotel. Very nice King Suite”
Reviewed September 29, 2011

We stayed one night here to visit with family. The hotel is fairly new and very clean. The decor is fresh with a modern look and feel. The King Suite with accessible bathroom is quite large and worked very well for us. Two minor complaints, the shower drain did not work well. A lot of water flowed into the overflow drain in the main bathroom. Also, they have a lot of the eating area configured for people to sit on bar stools. This doesn't work very well for someone in a wheelchair.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank gsealey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Great place to stay. I was here for business for 4 nights and was very pleased. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the beds were comfortable for a good nights sleep, the hot breakfast was very nice, the staff was helpful and friendly. This is one that I will add to my list of places to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Located near many restaurants, shopping areas and LSUS, hotel appears to be fairly new. Extremely clean, very comfortable. The "welcome reception" was a pleasant surprise, as they had fresh raw vegetables in addition to the standard chips and salsa with other salty/sweet snacks. Breakfast was really good here too. I feel confident this will be my number one choice for a hotel in Shreveport in the future.

• Stayed September 2011
Greenville
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I was traveling through shreveport on my way to Texas. The hotel itself is in a nice location and room was clean. I would've rated my overall stay a 5, however the staff leaves alot to be desired. The problem started when I left my wallet in the dresser drawer minus my atm checkcard and went to the restaurant a couple buildings over. When I got my apparently my wallet grew legs and walked off. I reported it to the manager on duty Michelle whose attitude to say the least was nonchalant. She was under the impression I was lying. A police report has been filed, however I'm sure the culprit has tossed the spent the few dollars in there. They need to put safes in the room, until then take belongings whenever you leave the room.

• Stayed September 2011
8 Thank saw864
Arizona
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We stayed here one night to visit a relative while on our way to Florida. We regularly stay in Hampton Inns, particularly en route to a destination, because we find them to be reliable. I've learned to look for the newer properties and this one is really tops. The decor is elegant and very modern. The layout of the studio suites is excellent in the newer hotels. We stayed in a similar one in Big Spring TX a few nights before.........it was great but this one is even more elegant with stainless accessories throughout. The indoor pool was just great.......not stuffy and overly humid like some indoor pool areas. This hotel is in a fairly busy area located to a number of medical facilities but we didn't find the traffic to be a problem. When visiting this area, we've usually stayed in Bossier City as that is where my sister lives. I would definitely recommend this property over the ones we've found in Bossier.........it's reasonably close and a much more pleasant environment.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor away from the elevators and facing away from the street
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Colleyville, Texas
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We were attending a wedding and this Hampton Inn was one of the choices with special rates for the family. We haven't stayed in a Hampton Inn in years but this one was very good. Its location is very convenient - can walk to a movie theatre a block away, many shopping centers, restaurants within a mile or two.

Check-in was smooth, staff polite. We had one problem with our A/C unit but maintenance fixed it promptly. The pool area is all indoors with a hot tub. The free breakfast was normal fare but it had 2 waffle makers which helped speed the process.
Breakfast items continued to be refreshed right up until 10 AM, when the doors immediately got shut (not sure why you put out fresh food, right before you lock the door).

Check-out was express and accurate. Getting miles + points, not bad either.

Would stay here again depending upon the rate.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I have stayed at this location many times. As a business travler and Hilton Honors memAber, I look for the Hilton brand hotels. This location is great for business travlers. There is a large theater(movie) complex just down the road, great places to eat very close. My room was nice and the bath had an upgraded shower which was very nice, Room 423. I was very happy with my stay. One of the best locations in Shreveport.

• Stayed July 2011