Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport
Homewood
$119
Hampton.com
$97
Eldorado Resort Casino(Shreveport)(Great Value!)
$59
$53
Official Site
$80
$89
$86
  • Pool
All reviewsseparate vanitygreat view of the riverred riveracross the riverslot machinesgreat roomvalet parkingroom was largenon smokingbed was very comfortablecasinojoesgamblingdeliwilliamsteakhouseelevator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 14, 2010

We arrived a bit early and they let us check in at 1. The rooms were clean and spacious - wonderfully laid out bathroom. As with other posters, the casino is much too smokey for anyone's health. I feel sorry anyone that works there and breathes that on a daily basis. It cannot be good. In fact, it has to be horrific on your health. Breakfast buffet doesn't start until 9 a.m. so we went next door to the Elderado. Their's was open. We gambled there too. Smokey but 10x's better than Sam's - higher ceilings help. Convenient free parking but there is something with the patrons and their inability to park within those white lines. Large pool and spa area but we got in too late to utilize it. I can recommend the hotel but not the casino unless you wear a gas mask.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 8, 2010

I haven't stayed in many casino hotels, but I have stayed in a bad one. While I was leery of staying in a casino hotel again, the pricing at Sam's Town pricing was very competitive. Deciding to give the casino hotel one more try, I was very pleasantly surprised by Sam's Town's amenities.
First, the room is very spacious and comfortable with a large bathroom. Most importantly though, the room was CLEAN! I cannot tell you how important this was to my wife and I. The seating was comfortable, as was the bed. The only complaint in regard to the bed was that the comforter was not thick, but still warm.
The casino facilities were very clean as well and the small deli served up snacks in a comfortable setting.
Something else that is great about this hotel is that it is located very close to the Boardwalk and Bass Pro Shops. .
In the end, if I need to stay in Shreveport again, my first choice will be to stay at the Sam's Town Casino Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank YoungGetAway
Reviewed April 23, 2010

We stayed April 19-22, 2010. No problem checking in. Got to our room, it was large and clean and the bathroom was great, very large and great set up. Our luggage holder was broken and asked that it be replaced. Someone came (while we were out) and "fixed it". As soon as luggage was place on it, it broke again. Disappointed with this. Ate at buffet first night, the food was good but barely warm.
We really enjoyed the craps table and its workers. They were super friendly, helpful and great cheerleaders. They helped make the table fun!
We both liked the deli for breakfast, it was very good.
We changed our departure date with no problems and they even let us have a late check out with out complaint. The maid service is good, but they do like to come early (8 -9 AM) and there is no "DO NOT DISTURB" sign to use.
The walls are very thin, but we did not have any noisy neighbors. You could just hear when they came and went.
The spa services were nice and very peaceful.
We were disappointed that there was no free internet service and to use the business center they charge you per minute with a $5 minimun.
We were also disappointed in the perks of econnect. They were mostly set up for seniors.

Over all we liked Sams Town. We did stop in all the other casinos and ate at Diamond Jacks buffet. It was awesome for $9.99. Diamond Jacks also had great perks!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2010

Wow this place is bad. For the brief review, we stayed two nights and were so annoyed that we gambled $0 in their casino. The staff is the least enthusiastic bunch in Shreveport. I guess they must get paid the least or really hate working there, because all of them were down in the dumps and some flat out rude.

Bad experience #1. We called the Spa/Pool facility to ask their hours and were told they closed at 10PM. So we took our time and got down there about 8:10PM, on the way walking by the Spa entrance where the worker was chatting with a friend. So we go hang out in the hot tub and at about 9PM a security guard and security manager lady comes out and yells across the pool that we need to leave the pool immediately, almost as if we were high school kids schlumming around in a neighbors pool. They proceeded to stand by us as we got out and then lead us to the exit to make sure we left. We told them the staff had told us they closed at 10PM and they said that wasn't likely. Nice job accusing us of lieing Sam's Town.

Bad experience #2. Same night we go back to the room, shower off and head down to the casino. We head to the BConnected desk where there are a couple people chatting with the worker behind the counter. We stand there for a minute and then she finally leans around them says they are closed. Not that we can get a card inside or sorry or anything. So guess what? We went right out the door to Eldorado down the street.

We were so amazed by the crappy stay and disappointed at them we gambled a total of $0 at their casino. Meanwhile everyone at Eldorado, Horseshoe, and Boomtown was as nice as can be. If us bothing employees at Sam's Town is such an inconvenience to them, we will fix that and stay elsewhere next time.

Don't go to Sam's Town unless you want to be treated like a child and accused of lieing.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank grahambrizendine
Reviewed March 28, 2010

I'll sahre one experience that will sum up my first & last visit to Sam's Town/Shreveport. On a cross country drive I decided to stay at this property. After having to chg my room because someomne had been smoking in a NON-SMOKING room I decided to eat at Smokey Joe's. I ordered my NY strip. when it arrive the server asked me to ck it. It was beyond medium. She glady offered to have another one prepared. On arrival I cut the ribeye and it was prepared expertly. Was just the wrong kind of steak. I have one word that needs attention at this "slack" property - management. There is none! Stay elsewhere!