Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport
$84
GardenInn.com
$89
Hampton.com
Eldorado Resort Casino(Shreveport)(Great Value!)
$53
$129
Travelocity
$89
  • Pool
All reviewsseparate vanitygreat view of the riverred riveracross the riverslot machinesgreat roomvalet parkingroom was largenon smokingbed was very comfortablecasinojoesgamblingdeliwilliamsteakhouseelevator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 1, 2007

Guest room was very nice - clean, good quality bedding, attractive furnishings. Lots of options for eating; pretty decent food. I'm not a gambler - I was in the hotel for a conference. Meeting staff were very cooperative; front desk staff were indifferent.

Stayed: December 2006
Reviewed December 20, 2006

This is a typical casino hotel. The non-smoking room smelled like smoke. The front desk and other service staff were pretty much not interested in hospitality. While the sleeping rooms are nicely appointed, they weren't quite "clean" enough. The beds were comfy, but the pillows and linens were not. The casino was a typical riverboat barge with 3 levels and very small. We did not see anyone winning and the casino staff left much to be desired. This was our first visit to Shreveport casinos, and we will probably not return. L'Auberge in Lake Charles and Coushatta in Kinder are much better alternatives.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kensroomie
Reviewed October 29, 2006

cheyennemobbs@yahoo.com

I booked a room for my honeymoon and requested a bottle of Champagne in the room upon arrival. A customer service representative contacted me to verify the request and to get my payment information. Expedia sent me an e-mail verifying my room and my request. When we got to the hotel and checked in the clerk asked for my credit card information. I told her it should be on file and her reply was that she needed another one. We gave her my wife's card. When we got to the room there was no Champagne so I contacted the front desk and told them about the confirmations. They transferred me to room service and I told them the problem. They said they would have it right up. No apology at this point. About five or ten minutes later it arrived. I told the girl who brought it the problem. She meekly apologized and made an excuse about the front desk not submiting the request. She handed me the bill to sign. $27 for a bottle of Korbel plus tax and gratuity was added to the bill. Almost $5.00. I don't mind paying a tip for room service, but I shouldn't be forced to pay a tip when they messed up. Upon check out the clerk asked how our stay was. I shrugged and said, "It was okay."
Her reply was, "Oh." She didn't ask what was wrong so I told her the story. She said she was sorry as she had me sign the bill.
I have been a general manager for restaraunts for almost ten years so I understand their are going to be problems sometimes, but the managment has not trained the staff to handle these situations properly or the policies of the hotel need to be reviewed. I booked this hotel because it was about $10 cheaper than the other three and four star hotels in the area, but next time I will spend the extra $10 to get better customer service. I'm sure a competing hotel/casino would ensure their guests come back after they messed up on someones honeymoon stay.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
5  Thank travelinboy
Reviewed August 10, 2006

Received our trip to Sam's Town as a birthday present. Called ahead to make sure there was Internet connectivity in the rooms (I'm an IT professional and am frequently required to VPN in to my company's network for work-related business) assured there was a "wireless" network available 24-7. Got to the hotel and the first thing I did was attempt to get on the "Sam's Town Wireless Network". No DHCP server available to allow me access. Throughout my 2 night stay I contacted the Front Desk several times to no avail - the network never was available. Ended up going to the Java Cafe and connecting to a roque access point that belonged to who knows who. Discussed the experience with the Supervisor of the front desk at checkout who refused to even comp us lunch for our trouble. The night before I had been at El Dorado - which by the way is a beautiful, clean, open, spacious, wonderful casino - and was comped dinner for 2 just because we were there and playing. I'll be staying at the El Dorado from now on - Sam's Town can keep their non-functional amenities and their smoky cramped casino.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Stuffing
A TripAdvisor Member
Dallas
Reviewed May 14, 2006

LOVED THE ROOMS!!! Huge rooms, nice city view, unbelievable bathroom. Huge garden tub, which I LOVED, great vanity, the bathroom was to die for. Lots of space. The bed was very comfortable and I loved the sitting chairs. Service was great, I would defnitely return. The casino was alright, I did not win anything, but the nightlife was exciting.

• Stayed: March 2006