“Worst experience ever in Shreveport, casino and hotel.”

Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed April 21, 2010

Wow this place is bad. For the brief review, we stayed two nights and were so annoyed that we gambled $0 in their casino. The staff is the least enthusiastic bunch in Shreveport. I guess they must get paid the least or really hate working there, because all of them were down in the dumps and some flat out rude.

Bad experience #1. We called the Spa/Pool facility to ask their hours and were told they closed at 10PM. So we took our time and got down there about 8:10PM, on the way walking by the Spa entrance where the worker was chatting with a friend. So we go hang out in the hot tub and at about 9PM a security guard and security manager lady comes out and yells across the pool that we need to leave the pool immediately, almost as if we were high school kids schlumming around in a neighbors pool. They proceeded to stand by us as we got out and then lead us to the exit to make sure we left. We told them the staff had told us they closed at 10PM and they said that wasn't likely. Nice job accusing us of lieing Sam's Town.

Bad experience #2. Same night we go back to the room, shower off and head down to the casino. We head to the BConnected desk where there are a couple people chatting with the worker behind the counter. We stand there for a minute and then she finally leans around them says they are closed. Not that we can get a card inside or sorry or anything. So guess what? We went right out the door to Eldorado down the street.

We were so amazed by the crappy stay and disappointed at them we gambled a total of $0 at their casino. Meanwhile everyone at Eldorado, Horseshoe, and Boomtown was as nice as can be. If us bothing employees at Sam's Town is such an inconvenience to them, we will fix that and stay elsewhere next time.

Don't go to Sam's Town unless you want to be treated like a child and accused of lieing.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank grahambrizendine

Reviewed March 28, 2010

I'll sahre one experience that will sum up my first & last visit to Sam's Town/Shreveport. On a cross country drive I decided to stay at this property. After having to chg my room because someomne had been smoking in a NON-SMOKING room I decided to eat at Smokey Joe's. I ordered my NY strip. when it arrive the server asked me to ck it. It was beyond medium. She glady offered to have another one prepared. On arrival I cut the ribeye and it was prepared expertly. Was just the wrong kind of steak. I have one word that needs attention at this "slack" property - management. There is none! Stay elsewhere!

Reviewed March 21, 2010

My husband, myself and my aduilt son just spent 4 nights there and we were swept off our feet by the service we got. The room was very nice and clean with everything one could want in a room. The thing that wowed us was the service. Everyone was friendly and outgoing from the bell captain Anthony to the maids, the dealers and all the personnel. It was the best place we have stayed in a long time and we will go back many times in the future. What a great place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2010

Everything was great as far as the hotel, staff tends to be unfriendly and rude. Had a bunch of drawings was excited to win $100 so far so good. Started hearing people grumbling upset saying they had been cheated out of different amounts of money. Thought it was just people upset they had lost money until I won $186 went to cash it out and the machine said service. The service people came over said I didn't win anything realized that the people I'd heard grumbling might of had a reason. 2nd time I won $123 same thing happened it said service was once again told I didn't win anything at that point I got very upset which was rather understandable security was called & I got an escort to my room. Of the people I heard complaining one had won $1500 and they wouldn't pay up. If you want to have a good time not only put your money in but have a chance of winning some stay away from Sam's Town if you do win they will cheat you. I'm sure a lot you reading this will think its just sour grapes or something won't pay any more attention to it then I did to the people complaining that I heard but I hope at least a few with think twice. I went to have a good time I don't expect to win, hope to but I know the odds are in favor of the casino. Well in this case the odds are 100% in favor of the casino even if you do win you won't see a dime. I"ve played at Sam's Town for years and would of continued to play there if they hadn't done this. Gaming commission will be notified all I can hope is that they put these thieves out of business.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank stardreamer7880
Reviewed March 13, 2010

Sam's Town is a pretty good hotel. It used to be my favorite when it was Harrah's though. The staff is never rude, the food is good, room is clean. I would sugest it, although I go to three casino's in the area: Horseshoe, Dimondjaks, and Sam's Town. So I wouldn't say this is the best, but it's very comfortable. And, since Horseshoe does not have a pool I would suggest this hotel to families with children.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2010

Stayed there feb 20-21, 2010. Hotel is very nice from the outside as it is from the inside. Check in was administered by rude staff, (if they don't like their job they should quit and go work at a Mcdonalds which seems to be what they are qualified for anyways). Liked the fct that you have to swipe your room card in order to use the elevators because it gives it a sense of security. Room was spacious and the king bed was very comfy. Big bathroom and loved the make up counter and the toilette privacy. There was a leak from our tub onto the room beneath us, but staff seemed to be responsive. At night our a/c wasn't working, called front desk and someone was sent up asap and took care of the problem. We ate at the steak house and the steak was too salty and our lobster tails seemed to have been overcooked, dry, and tasteless. Very pricey and unimpressed with the food. Casino was lots of fun and won about $170! Ate at the cafe and food was unimpressive to say the least. We checked out about 30 mins after check out time, but no one harrased us about that. They don't have shuttle service which is a downer and valet is free but takes for ever. Overall I likd this place and was comfortable during our stay.

Reviewed February 17, 2010

Samstown is a nice quality place with lovely riverview rooms, however... after staying several days at the internet rate, after winning a grand.. samstown refused to offer any w/e discounts to katrina people. Across the river at Boomtown, they were offering half price buffets and gave us a meal ticket for the texmex restaurant inside, offering free appetizer, free meal, free drinks and free dessert. The rooms there however I think are pretty substandard for the casinos.... After haggling with the middle eastern manager at Samstown, he finally agreed to charge us 150.00 ( apparently lower than the rack w/e rate of 200 something...) No huge bargain for hurricane evacuees, so we moved to the Holiday Inn Financial Plaza...Basic rooms, Nice pool, Nice bar, and good food.....about 70 bucks from Hotels.com.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
Horseshoe Bossier City
#10 of 38 in Shreveport
Homewood Suites Shreveport
Homewood Suites Shreveport
#6 of 38 in Shreveport

Been to Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport? Share your experiences!