“Wonderful Room”

Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport
Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
“Wonderful Room”
Reviewed November 21, 2005

My mother stays at Sam's Town just about every other month and loves it.

I decided to stay here one night and had a wonderful experience. Nice large room and HUGE bathroom.

I will certainly go back!

• Stayed April 2005
4 Thank MIkeyG1965

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
ALTUS, OKLAHOMA
Reviewed October 25, 2005

My husband and I have just returned home from a weekend at Sams Town & Casino - Shreveport. Everything was EXCELLENT. The room was spotless & the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. Our room was very large and we had a beautiful view at night. We had delicious food at Joe's and also at the buffet. We thought the employees (no matter what area) were the friendliest we have ever had & they really went out of the way to make sure our stay was enjoyable. I called downstairs to ask for more of the coffee packets & they were at our door in less than 10 minutes. We cannot think of anything negative to report. The whole trip was perfect - weather was great. THANK YOU SAMS TOWN for a great little mini vacation. You all get an A++++++++++++++++.

• Stayed October 2005
7 Thank Vicki712
Reviewed October 25, 2005

I spent one night at Sam's Town and could not have been more impressed with the hotel, steakhouse and service. Everything was perfect!!!

Stayed October 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 15, 2005

Just returned from a stay at Sams Town. I stayed here as there were not many options of hotels in shreveport as I am assuming many hurricane evacuees are in Shreveport. I was very impressed with this hotel. The room was very big, huge bathroom too! There is the casino downstairs which since I am a young female that was traveling alone for buisness did not take part in :( I ate at the international buffett for dinner and the food was pretty good (I am not a picky eater though). I ate at Smokey Joes for breakfeast in the morning and that was great! Huge portions too :) The service at Sams Town was excellent!! Everyone is VERY friendly, that southern hospitaility :) The one compaint is they charge you $8.00 to use the fitness center and it is nothing fancy by any means..think they should let guests use for free. It is connected to the spa though and I assume that is why there is a charge, if you are going to charge that much I think you should upgrade the equpiment!!

Overall this was a very nice place to stay and I would stay again if I return to Shreveport!!!

Stayed October 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Natchitoches
Reviewed September 28, 2005

Our electricity had been out for 3 days after Rita, so my husband and I decided to spend the night in a casino in Shreveport (1 hour away). The only room left was at Sam's Town. We loved every minute of our stay. The room was large - even had a vanity in the bathroom. A separate toilet area, also. Our remote didn't work, and maintenence brought one up right away. Ate at Smokey Joe's and it was very good. Gambled a bit and was very glad to get into some air conditioning! For an 'emergency' stay, it was quite luxurious! Would definately go again.

• Stayed September 2005
4 Thank 456Cheryl
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 1, 2005

I reserved a suite with Sam's Town three months in advance. I called the day I was to arrive to reconfirm my suite reservations and the lady said I had the magnolia Suite. We arrived around 5:00 PM and they have no suite for us. I talked to the Supervisor but, she said over and over again I'm sorry but, you have no suite reserved. They wouldn't even listen to me. They gave us a regular room which I decided to just accept it but, then went to take a bath and could not believe how absolutely dirty the bathtub was. It had hair , conditioner spilled in it and dirty rings. I wasn't about to bathe in such a mess and decided to shower instead. The tub filled up with water while I was showering and didn't drain until the next day it was so clogged. I couldn't win a plug nickel in their casino in the two days I was there and twice had them give me incorrect change when cashing out. I cannot recommend such a place with absolute poor service . I will never return to Sam's Town. I wonder if the Sam's Town in Vegas is this bad.

• Stayed May 2005
16 Thank travelpjean
Reviewed March 20, 2005

I just returned last night from spending part of my Spring Break at Sam's Town in Shreveport. I had a wonderful time. Everything was great!!! I loved my room and the eating places! The casino was so fun and I actually won a little!!! In the free show area I really enjoyed seeing "Elvis My Way".. not only was it very entertaining, but the performer was very gracious and friendly. It has only been two days since I was there, but I am already anxious to return. Keep up the good work,

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
Horseshoe Bossier City
#10 of 37 in Shreveport
Sleep Inn & Suites I-20
Sleep Inn & Suites I-20
#8 of 37 in Shreveport

Been to Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport? Share your experiences!