“Great get-away!”

Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are not big gamblers, but enjoy playing the slots a little. We've only been to Vegas for the NFR. We decided to sneak away for a couple of days last June and asked our daughter to find us a room at one of the Sheveport/Bossier City hotels online. We ended up at Sam's Town and we are so glad. The rooms were spacious and nice with a wonderful bathroom. The valet, bell staff, and front desk staff were friendly and efficient. The buffet, restaurant and deli were good. The casino was also fun - and generous! It's nice being able to step outside onto the deck and enjoy the river. We joined their players club and before we knew it, the comp emails came with extremely generous offers to stay, dine and play. We've already taken advantage of one offer in September and can't wait to schedule another get-away!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We had one of the best, if not the best, rooms we've ever stayed in. It was beautiful, and the cost was way below what I would have expected for such a wonderful room. Our dining experience was also fine. Although the gambling floor was quite small, it detracted only a small bit from the overall experience.

Room Tip: couldn't imagine anyone would be disappointed if they have the same experience we did.
1  Thank DJDAMD
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This hotel was amazing. The rooms were outstanding. Very large and well appointed. We dined at the Grill near the lobby and the food was delicious. The desserts were fabulous. If there was one downside to the entire stay it would be the parking valet, front desk and bell staff. Quite simply they need to work on their people skills. They seemed to be bothered that we wanted to check in without letting them take our vehicles. We nearly decided to leave. Thankfully we did not, the rest was super.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms would be good. As far as we could tell, they all have a view of the city.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul P
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I grew up on the west coast and wanted to visit states in the deep south. I drove through Mississippi, Arkansas, and Louisiana. The lush green fauna and climate of the southeast is ideal for agriculture. During my drive I saw a lot of cultivated fields, and cotton is still important. I really enjoyed the cuisine in Louisiana. I had a wonderful stay and breakfast at Sam's Town Hotel and Casino. My waitress at Sam's Town gave me complimentary, fresh baked coffee cake which was wonderful. In addition, I visited the French Quarter while I was in New Orleans. I met some French tourists and they indicated that the architecture in the French Quarter is actually Spanish, not French. I ate beignets at Cafe du Monde. I had lunch at Cochon Butcher. I had a Muffaletta sandwich. Cochon's Muffaletta is a hot sandwich and it was flavorful. I also had their brussel sprout salad along with my Muffaletta. The brussel sprouts were grilled and in a oil-based spicy sauce. It was wonderful and unique. I have never had a salad like that before. If you don't like bitter salads, then it may not be right for you. As a Chinese-American I love sauté bitter melon, so I enjoyed the bitter quality. Watch out for New Orlean crazy road signs. I took a west bound highway 90 road sign and ended up heading east.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 13, 2013

A two night stay with my cousin and her husband, great hotel, very comfortable room, large with great views. My wife and I are not gamblers, so the visit to the casino was like a vision of hell, we spent the $5 the casino gave us and couldn't get out fast enough. The highlight of our stay was the Red River Revel with the Preservation Hall Jazz Band from New Orleans, great music. Easy to walk from the hotel across the Red River to the Riverwalk area of Bosier City, lots of shops and restaurants there. Hotel food was OK, the buffet bit overpriced and just encouraged you to overeat to ensure you got your money's worth!!

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quieter and have the best views
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for the weekend when we went to the Red River Revel Festival. It was conveniently located (walking distance) to the festival, fast check in, big room, very comfortable bed, and nice toiletries. The Friday and Saturday night buffet was very good, lots of choices including all you can eat snow crab, yummy! My only complainant would be the very small casino, but just walk down the street and go to a different one and you'll be fine. If anyone has the opportunity to attend the Red River Revel I would highly recommend it. There were lots of fantastic artists, great food, and excellent entertainment. We had a great weekend.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Husband and I stayed for two nights. Very reasonable and centrally located! Casino was dated but you are in walking distance to another casino. Very clean! Staff was friendly. The down side was the shops- not many and nothing I would like to buy and the restaurants didn't look appealing to dine in.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
Horseshoe Bossier City
#10 of 37 in Shreveport
Sleep Inn & Suites I-20
Sleep Inn & Suites I-20
#7 of 37 in Shreveport

Been to Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport? Share your experiences!