“Great Value”

Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

My friend and I were traveling from MO to TX and our camping plans in AR fell through, so we decided to carry on to Shreveport. We booked this hotel from the car on Expedia for around $65 for one night, which was a steal. We got to the hotel and parked ourselves (the parking ramp is across the street). Check-in was a breeze. The room is HUGE. I felt like I could live in it. It was relatively clean and very comfortable. I was blown away by the size of the bathroom, it was bigger than my kitchen at home. It had tub/shower, separate toilet compartment, and a makeup table with seating. Their were some scuff marks on the outside of the tub and the bathroom could have been a little cleaner, but for the price we paid, I didn't care.

I can't say much for the pool, buffet, or restaurants, but I did go down to the casino. It smelled heavily of smoke and which is almost to be expected in a casino.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank jbee1111

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Austin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is a great place to stay in Shreveport. Great casino or to just stay the night. Good restaurants, rooms are very spacious and modern. Great price for what you get. If this hotel was in Vegas you would pay several hundred for the room on a weekend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kevin S
Bossier City, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

When comparing the rates for the various casinos in the Shreveport-Bossier area, Sam's routinely comes up as the least expensive. They do have a nice pool and lovely spa area. The buffet is consistently pretty good with a decent variety of foods. There is o breakfast buffet and you can only get a sit-down breakfast in one area which does not even open early.

Where the facility falls short is in rooms, in particular room 905. Although the bed was king sized, it was lumpy and extremely uncomfortable leaving me with a backache the following day. When I say "lumpy", picture your grandmother's or great grandmother's hand-stuffed mattress. Since this particular room faced the highway, there is not even a view to recommend it.

In short, the facility is okay/average, but with nothing to get excited about, unless, of course, you win big at the boat.

Room Tip: Ask for "river facing" room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Mimi911
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for posting a review of your experience at Sam's Town. We are thankful for your praise of our property, but apologize that you had issues with your room. Comments like these are helpful to us in improving our property. We invite you to visit our website and send us an email so that we may reach out to you and try to fix this issue. Rest assured that your comments are being forwarded to the hotel department. We hope to see and hear from you soon!
Kaysville, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

If you have ever been to a Hotel that is part of a casino, you know what to expect at Sam's Town. The room was nice, large bathroom, clean and friendly staff. It was well decorated. Used valet parking with no issues. The hotel is not located by the boardwalk or shopping. The boardwalk and shopping is located across the river.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the river side of the hotel. Downtown Shreveport is not that pretty.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank leboland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Sam's Town is one of the older hotel casinos in Shreveport, La. The hotel could use a little facelift to freshen things up. The rooms will a little old but huge. The bathroom is very large with a garden tub, toilet in a separate room and vanity area. Unlike other casinos, the hotel does not smell like an ashtray. Great price for the room. I was attending a seminar at the hotel so I did not have a chance to gamble. Great meeting spaces. Spa is available, and the fitness center costs $8 a day extra. The food at the international buffet was so so at best. Smokey Joe cafe was ok nothing special. Most casinos offer food at a discounted price but not at Sam's Town. My colleagues who ate at the steakhouse on the premise say it was very good. I would skip the casino restaurants and go to some of the great restaurants in Shreveport.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Practicalmatters
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Enjoyed my trip down to the end. Left my room for an hour or less to get my kids some food got a call from my daughter. One of my small ones calk the spa and hung up. Security came in and was there less than a min upon my arrival..there was no altercatiin..damage or anything done.. the police was called and the little heavy security man was treating us as if we were criminals. Police said no crime was committed as it was not against the law ti leave children with an older sibling for less than an hour. Ww were getting ready to leave the security asked to check our license for warrants and everything. I guess he didn't like the results of no one committing a crime..and told us we couldn't come to the hotel for a life or the casino and would not ler us cash in our tickets. .We Didn't di anything wrong....we were treated VERY WRONG. We plan to take this up the chain.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank nono124
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Sam’s Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport is absolutely committed to offering each and every one of our patrons a safe and enjoyable experience. Please know that it is our responsibility to respond to all safety inquiries to ensure that we are providing a safe and enjoyable atmosphere. We pride ourselves on our professionalism and empathetic customer service in times such as these, and we will continue to be proactive in offering this level of service and protection for all of our customers. Thank you for your feedback, as it helps us to improve our service.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

This hotel is tastefully decorated. The rooms are clean and spacious. Nice views of the city and river. The bathroom is huge. Nice tub and the shower worked really well. The only reason I gave it a 4 is because the bed wasn't that comfortable. That's just my opinion, it may be fine for others. Also, they need to do a little deep cleaning in the bathroom tub area. There's a couple of places that housekeeping probably just can't see. The shower head was a little hard to reach so if a shorter person used it, they may not be able to reach it. On the other hand, it's plenty big for a tall person. Those are really just minor things compared to other places I've stayed. This was a business trip and I didn't go to the casino but I did eat at Smokey Joe's Cafe. The food was pretty good and good service. Overall, it was a nice stay and I would choose to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
Horseshoe Bossier City
Chateau Suite Hotel, Downtown Shreveport
Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport
Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport
#10 of 37 in Shreveport

Been to Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport? Share your experiences!