“Very Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Shreveport
Hurst, Texas, United States
“Very Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I recently found myself needing a place to stay in Shreveport. I found Sam's Town was the most economically priced this evening so I stayed. It was a very nice room. The hotel is your average casino. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Scott D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed the weekend recently and had a great time. The room was gorgeous and the bathtub was really nice. The smoking in the casino was a bit much for us though, we could only stay in the casino 2-3 hours each day because of the effect on our allergies. Although, the games were a lot of fun and we had a great time each time we returned to the casino. All of the waitresses were all great, very fast service with a smile. My husband and I agreed that the bed was NOT great. Regarding the restaurants, the International buffet was pretty good, but Smokey Joe's cafe was a disappointment on both occasions we went. Stick with the buffet, there is plenty to choose from and the dessert options are divine.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robin M
Wheaton, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Headed to Shreveport to take part in a volunteer event, I knew what my preferences were, but picked one of the "preferred" Orbitz hotels regardless - by and large, most of it worked out in my favor.

Easy check in, friendly staff, appreciate the fact the hotel attempts to have security staff in front of the elevator banks. Got a nice room w/ 2 double beds on the river side of the hotel - the view is interesting and the sunrise great if the weather cooperates.

Room quality: love a good firm bed (which my room had) and lots of pillows (which housekeeping gladly provided). Mini fridge turned out to be a bonus.Very spacious room, and would recommend something at the end of the hall away from the elevator. Super spacious bathroom, with very nice amenities.

Room negatives: stains/spots on chairs/walls were a little funky. Heat/AC controls appeared to be older, and were tough to control.

Room service: so-so. My initial call to room service ended up patching me through to the hotel operator, who indicated she'd get me a call back - NOT. On the plus side, when I did get through to them, they took good care of me (even though there were not able to provide several of the drink choices on the RS menu). Quality of food I did get was good.

Other Amenities: nice pool, nice hot tub, nice patio deck. Charge for fitness center not worth it, and cost for spa services definitely not worth it! (They don't have staff on-site, they call them in based on interest.) Lobby bar: low key and pleasant, although the smell of tobacco smoke was a real detractor.

Long story short: A casino-based hotel would never be my first choice by nature, but I went with the package that worked for the event I was focused on attending. There are attractions/shopping within walking distance, but my impression is that they are limited. If you're into a gambling-centric destination, this hotel might work well for you. I think you'd really need access to a car (which I did not have) to make the most of Shreveport as a destination.

Room Tip: Based on my experience, I'd vote for a room a) on a higher floor than lower, and b) away from th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here when relocating to Shreveport in September 2012. Room had a great view of the river, was oversized, and very nice amenities. This was a great stay overall and of traveling to Shreveport, even if you don't gamble I would recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2012
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Attractive rooms. Comfortable. Great bath and great bed. Good view of the Red River. Close to awesome city park, theatres, science museum, restaurants, other casinos. The casino is three levels, and that suited me well because I liked the smaller space and excellent beverage service in the small room. Casino employees attentive and friendly.

Room Tip: I enjoyed room near elevator, but if you want a real quiet spot, get a little further from elevator.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Loree V
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

The bed in my room was absolutely horrible. The sheets were ill fitting and the mattress was like sleeping on a slab of concrete. Our A/C was not cooling at all. So uncomfortable after the first night we packed up and headed home. Smokey Joes food leaves a lot to be desired as well. Love the staff and casino. Will be back but with an air mattress!

• Stayed April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
Haynesville, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Parking was a cinch, valet or self parking. We self parked because it was so accessible. Hotel attendants were extra nice. Elevators worked smoothly. The room was all one could expect. Large bathroom with a door that seperated the potty area from the tub, sink and powder area. It was stocked with plenty of towels, toiletries and coffee. The room was nicely furnished also had a large T.V., comfy bed, nice view, fridge, WiFii and a wonderful heat/air system. Our room had two queen beds with plenty of pillows!

Room Tip: Not sure if any room is better than another. Noise was minimum. Halls large with nice carpet. Maids...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
Horseshoe Casino Luxury All-Suite Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport
Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport
#8 of 36 in Shreveport
4.0 of 5 stars 512 reviews

Been to Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport? Share your experiences!