“Wicked!”

Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed November 1, 2007

I LOVED it!! :) I drove to Shreveport for my 21st birthday in anticipation to gamble and get drinks. I assumed the hotel wasn't going to be very fancy cause I wasn't paying much. Boy was I in for a shocker. There was free valet parking, the rooms were huge huge huge. The view I had was uncanny. The people were friendly and there were lots of things in the building to do. The casino wasn't what I was hoping for and one of the guards was sorta sexually harrassing me, but the drinks were free! :) I love Shreveport and I'm very eager to go again.

Stayed: August 2007

Reviewed October 1, 2007

Got a great rate through Expedia for Sam's Town. The room we had was spectacular with a great view of the river. One of the largest hotel rooms we've ever had anywhere, and very very clean. The bathroom was large and elegant. Beds were very comfortable.

Now here's the downsides: Access to the gym cost extra. The International Buffet restaurant was mediocre and overpriced, and the casino was smokey and not much fun for us. But many people seemed to be enjoying themselves.

I highly recommend this hotel for the classy, large, and clean rooms. Skip the buffet and the breakfast (there's an IHOP west on I-20) and you will have an outstanding experience!

We will return, but we won't dine there.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2007

The room was very large and clean. It had big picture windows, a great sitting area with two large chairs and ottomans, king bed with a beautiful indented back wall. The bathroom was awesome. Never stayed in a hotel with such a big bathroom. It had a separate area with a vanity table with makeup mirror, separate toilet area with louvered door, large tub/shower and really pretty sink. The hotel had a great eating area.
The casino, which is "on" the river, was great in that it had a separate floor for non-smokers. Our fabulous room was on the river side and the view at night was breathe taking.
We would stay there again in a heart beat. I have already recommended this hotel to our friends.

Sandi
Colorado

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cruiseluvrs
Reviewed June 3, 2007

I just returned from an overnight stay at the Sam's Club Casino in Bossier/Shreveport. Upon arrival, we were greeted quickly and had a speedy check-in. Requested a room higher up with a cityview and got upgraded at no extra charge or hassle. Got to our room and was very pleased. Very spacious room on the 17th floor with a nice sized bathroom. Very clean, view was nice, even in the daytime, but at nighttime it was the view to have of this small city. After checking in, we went to the Internatinal Buffet on the property for dinner. No problems getting in and had people in line say this is even where the locals go to eat, even if they don't gamble. I, however, didn't like it. For $55 (2 adults and one kid), I thought it was high, but realize the reason for it was the all you can eat Snow Crab legs, which would have been nice if they hadn't been cold, dripped of water when you cracked them and was given no seafood fork to dig for the very little crabmeat. Just not worth it. The casino was a little small, but on the night I was there, was not smokey at all. Dealers all nice and they had a surrender option at the Blackjack tables which let you "surrender" your bet for 1/2 and fold, more or less...which is just specific to this hotel, not for blackjack as a whole. It saved my money several times. After playing all night from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m., then from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m., we go to cash in and hope to get a warm comped breakfast but learned I only had $6.10 comped. Ended up paying $40.00 for breakfast. When I asked about a late checkout, the girl did not make eye contact with me and said the best she could do was 12:30, anything over that was $35. I told her I only wanted to stay until 1:30, but she wouldn't budge. Upon leaving, took about 20 minutes to retrieve the car from valet and for that I offered no tip, especially seeing as we were waiting and there wasn't but a couple people leaving at the same time as us. All in all, good place, good casino, good hotel, recommend the higher end restaurants and get ready to spend some money. Becky, Allen, Texas

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed February 23, 2007

Had not been to Shreveport/Bossier City, LA recently, so scheduled a 3-day/2-night trip for late February. Checked around on-line for a good room rate at Sam's Town and found the best rate at hotels.com ($ 67/night). Check-in was smooth and requested a Red River view room. Great room on the 12th floor overlooking the river. All the previous reviews of the upscale-type room were right "on-target". Had a very enjoyable stay and didn't even mind the smaller-style bed pillows. Even did fairly well at the slots at Sam's Town, as well as nearby (easy walking distance) Eldorado Hotel and Casino. Highly recommend staying at Sam's Town; We will stay there again on my next trip.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank EyeJack
Reviewed January 10, 2007

When we arrived, the hotel staff had entered our reservation on the wrong day. Thankfully we had printed the Travelocity confirmation, and after about 15 minutes, they were able to correct the problem.

Our hotel room was a view of the city, and it was a wonderful view. From the 17th floor, we could look down and see the pool and hot tub and we could see out over the entire city.

We only had one problem in the hotel room, and that involved the AC. They had cut off the water unit to the AC, so the room would not get cool. But they fixed the problem within 10 minutes of us reporting it to the front desk.

Our room service for breakfast was also very quick and tasted good. It was a bit over priced (we paid nearly $50 for two omlets and a pitcher of apple juice), but it was good quality.

The bathroom was my favorite part of the hotel room. The shower had a lot of room and the bathroom was comfortable.

The bed was a little harder than a normal hotel room, but it was not uncomfortable. The pillows were small -- like hospital bed pillows, and they only provided three pillows for two people (instead of four).

The only other downside to the hotel is that it smells like an ash-tray. The non-smoking rooms are fine, but the hallways are awful. The casino has the same problem.

I would probably stay here again because the price was right and everyone was friendly.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank interbiz04
Reviewed January 1, 2007

Guest room was very nice - clean, good quality bedding, attractive furnishings. Lots of options for eating; pretty decent food. I'm not a gambler - I was in the hotel for a conference. Meeting staff were very cooperative; front desk staff were indifferent.

Stayed: December 2006
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
Hilton Shreveport
#10 of 38 in Shreveport
Homewood Suites Shreveport
Homewood Suites Shreveport
#5 of 38 in Shreveport

Been to Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport? Share your experiences!