Had a great stay at the El Dorado with my family. We did not come for the casinos but just wanted a nice place to stay while visiting Shreveport. We were in room 808.
-_Nice rooms and a bathroom to die for. I lived in that sunken tub. Kids loved to use the shower too!!!
_The room was decorated nice. Loved the pictures and furniture. Was generally clean but did notice a stain on one of the chairs and the curtain.
_Great views either city or river.
_The whole hotel is beautiful and elegant.
_Staff was great (except at check-in) One worker did not charge us for either of our kids at the buffet. It was an expensive champagne brunch, so it really saved us money. (Kids payed the same as adult) Also when I went to buy a piece of cheesecake at their bakery I commented that it was for my kids and I to share. When I got back to my room and opened the container there was two huge pieces instead of one. Surprise!!!
_ One morning I called housekeeping due due to an unexpected female emergency. (LOL) They were up in a flash with needed goods.
_ We arrived early and I asked how soon could I check-in (posted as 3:00) Was told come back around 1:00. We came back and I was told to come back again. We came back at 2:00 and was told to come back later. Came back about 2:30 and there was a huge line and their computers were down. They had to check people in manually. Really slow and crazy. What upset me was the girls working the check-in desk. They were cold and indifferent. When I finally was able to check in they pretty much ignored me and had to be told by a superviser (who walked over) to help me. It was strange. I promise, I was very polite. Go fiqure.
_ The buffet even though HUGE, was so so taste wise. Nothing had flavor.
All in all i loved the place. Not very many kids there but enough that I didnt feel uncomfortable having mine. They dont cater to familys but I would still recomend the El Dorado.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience timeless luxury and friendly, personal service in the heart of Downtown Shreveport. Escape to Eldorado Resort Casino Shreveport, where every detail has been considered, to provide you with the stay of a lifetime. Lose yourself in the non-stop excitement and elegance of our luxurious Shreveport resort casino. Experience a variety of world-class dining from our four award-winning restaurants. Shop for one-of-a-kind memorabilia in The Eldorado Gift Shop and Swarovski Boutique, and check out the area's best entertainment in Eldorado's Celebrity Lounge. Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, Eldorado offers the ultimate experience of all Shreveport Hotels. Book your next stay at Eldorado Resort Casino Shreveport in confidence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Eldorado Resort Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eldorado Resort Casino Hotel Shreveport
- Eldorado Resort Shreveport
- Eldorado Resort Casino Shreveport
- Eldorado Casino Hotel Shreveport
- Eldorado Shreveport