“now the El Dorado”

Eldorado Resort Casino
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed December 7, 2005

We stayed here in Early December for one night and had a very nice short visit. The casino is larger than most and the rooms are quiet and clean. I would rate it above a Holiday Inn but not quite a Sheraton. I did like the beige and white decor; very classy for a casino place. My non-smoking room actually did not smell of smoke at all. It also included a big deep bathtub with separate shower and the bedroom had a separate sitting area with couch and chair. Only Negatives: They did fail to give me my scheduled wakeup call and the bellcap service when you pull up was quite lax on a Monday when we arrived but otherwise we thought it was a nice hotel.

• Stayed: December 2005, traveled on business
5  Thank Love-to-wander-Mom
Write a ReviewReviews (1,001)

Little Elm, TX
Reviewed July 26, 2005

Wow. Wow. Wow.
This has got to be the NICEST and CLEANEST hotel in Bossier that we have ever stayed at.
We were treated great as soon as we entered! Check-in was unbelievably quick and easy, and the staff seemed very loyal and proud of their employer.
As soon as you walk in you are greeted by a warm yet snazzy art deco decor, with a beautiful multi color light fountain that extends up all three floors!
The casino is barely audible from the lobby, which is wonderful, and the elevators can only be operated if you have a room key. We were impressed to say the least.
The hallway to our room was so classy and beautiful we found ourselves getting more and more excited to see what the room looked like!
As soon as you walk into the room, you find yourself standing in an inviting foyer, with tile floors and beautiful molding. The bathroom is just to the side, complete with HUGE shower and seperate bathtub. There is a speaker in the bathroom so that you can keep listening to your television show from the other room! The bathroom was immaculate, no soap scum, mold, hardwater, etc. The housekeeping is amazing!
The room itself has a cool decor, yet it is very cozy and inviting. The colors and styles are beautifully planned and work so well for the theme of early Hollywood. The bed was extremely comfortable and sheets/bedspread/pillows squeaky clean as well.
The *only* thing the room was missing was a fridge for our drinks...but we were quite happy with the ice bucket.
We stayed in the hotel the entire evening and next morning. The casino was packed starting at around 6...so we decided not to stay long. (NOTE: $5 Blackjack tables close around 7pm on Fri, Sat, Sun).
Since the place was so wonderful we decided to order breakfast in the next morning. YUM!! Huge portions for not much money and the order was exact the first time around. The menu carries everything from appetizers to steak and lobster. All the choices are incorporated from the restaurants within the hotel itself. I recommend the Hollywood Diner. Their onion rings are to die for!
At LaSpa, you can get anything from a jacuzzi/sauna to a Neti (sinus) massage. We tried to get in for the massage, but they were booked all weekend. The price was reasonable though, only $45.
We stayed on the 14th floor, overlooking downtown Shreveport and needless to say, the view was great. The curtains kept all the lights out, as few as there were since we were so high up. The rooms were very quiet and you could barely hear anyone in the halls.
We definitely recommend this hotel/casino to all who are going to stay in Bossier. Make sure you call the hotel to book a room, as what it says online is not 100% accurate. We tried to book online, but it said it was full...when we called we got a room quickly and easily.

18  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 21, 2005

I will NEVER stay or gamble at Hollywood Casino again in my lifetime. I used to gamble there a couple of times a year, dropping $1000-5000 a year. I'm not a big spender, but I'm not a nickle slot player either. Two weeks ago, I called Hollywood to arrange three rooms for a bachelor party. They were able to comp one and give me a nice discount on the other two. I arrived with my party at 9:30 PM (which is when I said I would be arriving) and they explained that two of my rooms were canceled. They said because I didn't give a credit card, they couldn't hold the rooms after 6 PM. ----- I was pissed. I asked why the hell they didn't ask for a credit card when I reserved the room. They said that the screwed up, and the person I spoke with should have. So I've got 8 guys and 1 freakin room. Its about 10:30 at this point and my friends are already getting restless. We ended up staying in a room that smelled like piss. I don't even think they cleaned it before we arrived. They wouldn't allow more than 1 rollout bed, and couldn't even get us in a room with double beds! Unbelievable!

I don't ask for much, just that people make right on their word. The staff at Hollywood Casino and Hotel don't care about their customers, they just care about money. They saw a chance to make more money off the rooms, so they decided to cancel my reservations, and therefore I got screwed.

I will make sure that everyone I know and talk with understand the kind of treatment they can expect at Hollywood.

• Stayed: June 2005
41  Thank SeanMichaelC
Reviewed June 20, 2005

My sister and I visited Hollywood Casino for our annual "sister" trip and we were extremely satisfied! Everyone at the casino was very pleasant and I have to say that the ladies from housekeeping were GREAT....so very helpful and pleasant. I would recommend this hotel casino to everyone!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed June 1, 2005

My husband and myself had a great time when we went to Hollywood. Matter of fact everyone made us feel so comfortable we keep going back.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 8, 2004

Just returned from a truly serendipitious stay at the Hollywood Casino in Bossier. The room was spacious, especially the bathroom with separate bathtub and shower. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The food at the Diner was great. They also offer a fancy steakhouse as well as a buffet. There is also a small deli. The casino has three levels and even thou we were there on a Saturday night and there were a lot of people, the casino never seemed crowded - there were plenty of available slots in all denominations; although the gaming tables were full. They have a large multi-level parking garage (free). Make sure you sign up for their "Marquee" program and use your card whenever you play the slots or sit down at one of the tables. You would be surprised as to how little you need to gamble before the comps start flowing. Would highly recommend this property, either for a day-trip or an overnight facility. Overall, one could not ask for a better riverboat hotel/casino. Can't wait to return.

5  Thank mmtours
Norman, Arkansas
Reviewed June 24, 2004

I have always enjoyed playing your slots. It is open enough that the cigarette smoke doesn't bother me. It has a comfortable atmosphere. The people are always ready to serve and friendly. I love the "Supper Stars Live" shows and try to see all of them. The food is very good. I don't have any complaints except I wish I could come down more often and I wish I had more money to spend when I come. Hollywood is my favorite casino. Thank you for asking, Deborah Powell

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport
#5 of 35 in Bossier City
The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shreveport West
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shreveport

Been to Eldorado Resort Casino? Share your experiences!