“terrible service, nice bathrooms.”

Eldorado Resort Casino
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed June 21, 2009

Upon my immediate arrival, the woman checking us in was extremely RUDE. has no idea what customer service is AT ALL. But this was the standard for this hotel. Also, they do not reserve "non-smoking" rooms... it is just a request. So we were stuck with a VERY smoking room. They told us, they would send up this "AMAZING STATE OF THE ART O ZONE TREATMENT THAT WILL LEAVE THE ROOM COMPLETELY SMOKE FREE"... it was an air purifier, that they turned on for thirty minutes. Really? But the rooms were clean and the bathrooms were amazing. the shower was incredible. The casino was a blast. But I give this hotel a two star rating... mainly due to the fact that overall the customer service was extremely below average. on literally every encounter but one (a very nice waitress in the sportsman grille). Oh! and you have to pay 10 dollars a day for internet. no thank you, I'll stick to my blackberry.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 30, 2009

Had a wonderful stay at Eldorado for Spring Break. As usual the rooms were great and the staff was helpful. The gentleman at the check-in desk was very nice. We needed a rollaway bed and it was delivered 5 minutes after we entered our room, along with extra pillows, towels etc that we had requested.

I love the Casino because it is so big and open. The floor space is very roomy and you don't feel closed in. The lighting is great and air is very good. The waitress are very friendly and come around often. The slots seem to pay out pretty well. The only disappointment for me is the Ebay slots were gone. They do have a nice variety of slots though so anyone can find what they like to play.

I highly recommend this hotel over any others in Shreveport or Bossier City.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank droysdsr
Reviewed March 4, 2009

The Best hotel i have ever being too recently , would love to go there very soon.......................................i am amazed by this hotel and resort its juat great..

i lost 150 us dollars there
but i had a great time ........

Reviewed March 2, 2009

I stayed at the Eldorado when I was in Shreveport last weekend. I decided to go on a gambling trip with friends and we are glad we chose the Eldorado. The rooms are huge! The food is unreal! The service was great and the slots payed out well. I have been going to the Horseshoe for some years now, but now that the Eldorado is no longer the old Hollywood Casino, it is amazing. The new owners have done an unbelievable job with the property and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank slotplayer34
Reviewed November 30, 2008

We stopped in Shreveport for the night as we were passing through from Texas to Mississippi. We did not stay at the Eldorado but visited the casino.

The wife played the slots while I tried my luck at Roulette where I met a couple from Texas. Had a blast betting together. The staff at the casino was great.

Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed October 18, 2008

This was our second visit to this hotel. After the first visit, we received an invitation for 2 complimentary nights and 2 dinners at their restaurant The Vintage.

We arrived about 2:30 and our room was not yet ready. We hung out in the casino for about 30 minutes and then went back and received our keys.

All I can say is WOW--we were put in one of their suites (912) which was like a one bedroom apartment with 3 TVs, a wet bar and the most unique bathroom I have ever seen. There were a total of 3 toilets, a HUGE shower, jetted tub and full length mirrors. The windows overlooked the river and the bed was SUPREMELY comfortable. This is the nicest hotel room we have ever stayed in, including the Venetian, Mandalay Bay and Rio in Las Vegas and the Atlantis in Nassau.

Dinner both nights was lovely, excellent service and food in a beautiful room. We also enjoyed great omelettes in the coffee shop for breakfast. The gambling was great fun, friendly dealers and good cocktail service and we went home winners!!

Also walked around the Louisiana Boardwalk area across the river which is an outlet type mall with some really good buys.

Can't wait to go back to the Eldorado!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed September 12, 2008

We had two comp nights at the Eldorado and no wonder they were comps. We did not stay both nights we went home after one night. The sheets were so bad we had to request new ones. They looked a so dingy and old it was horrible. I was actually scared to use them and our pillows. I will say that the bathrooms were in excellent condition and did not match the rooms at all, but how can you go wrong with marble. If only the bedroom had been the same. The conforter well lets just say I threw it in the corner of the room and it stayed there. The couch was so stained and just yuck.
Of course we did gamble a lot and lost all of it. In fact never saw any winners. I played Texas Hold'em most of the time and did o.k. but I can't say that they were overly friedly.

We ate at the vintage restaurant and it was good. It did cost $140.00 for dinner this included a bottle of cheap wine, salad, entree, no sides.

I had gone on their website and looked at the rooms and thought that the bedrooms looked out dated how stupid of me not to go with my first impression I guess I was trying to be cheap with the free comps for room. Go with your gut if it looks cheap it is cheap.

I do not recommend this hotel to anyone at any time. Not even for free. I will never be back.

We are from texas

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ploftin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport
#8 of 38 in Shreveport
Boomtown Hotel Casino
Boomtown Hotel Casino
#15 of 35 in Bossier City

Been to Eldorado Resort Casino? Share your experiences!